This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What’s Up SCORPIOS?!!!

Hello, hello, and welcome to the best season of the year. Spooky Season and Scorpio Season couldn’t ask for anything better. During this time of year, not only do I celebrate my birthday (October 29), but I also have, over the years, took it upon myself to learn some of the history of All Hallows Eve. For instance, Samhain (Sow-in) is the Pagan holiday that marks the end of Fall and beginning of Winter. Samhain is from October 31st to November 1st. Some historians and scholars say that the act of Trick-or-Treating was to ward away various forms of malicious spirits. Just a couple of fun facts for you.

My favorite part about Halloween is the FREAKIN’ FREE CANDY! I believe there is no age limit for Trick-or-Treating because free candy, is free candy! I have always loved Trick-or-Treating. Then I would come home and watch Halloweentown, Scary God Mother, or my personal favorite, Monster House. Basically, I eat candy and watch spooky themed movies lol💀😂! Now that I am an adult, I still do that. Thought I was about to say I graduated to parties huh? Sike, I’m just a grown kid.

Let’s not forget how it’s also boots and over-the-knee socks season either. This is what I’ve been waiting for all year! I love Summer and swimming and all that. But it’s something about that Fall, Winter season that just does it for me. Especially like the time I was Trick-or-Treating as a kid and had to wear some boots and a big jacket with my costume because it was like 30 degrees out (when global warming was not on 10). That combination of “it’s cold outside so I’m going to wear a some boots and a puffy jacket,” I absolutely love it. I hope your Fall season continues to go well and to all my Scorpios out there, you know we’re on top in the Zodiac. Stay spooky guys! 👻

hcxo

Kayla Eason

Valdosta '22

Greetings everybody. My name is Kayla. I’m a Scorpio and a junior in college. I am also lgBtqia+. I identify as gender fluid and my pronouns are she/he/they. I wanted to be a part of Her Campus to be a part of something bigger than me. I also wanted to write about important topics and make sure that I give accurate and truthful information without sounding boring. I’m going to make sure that I write in a casual way.