This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The chilly weather is approaching here in Valdosta, and the dry air isn’t all that great for our skin! All skin types can experience changes during cooler weather and easily lose moisture. Here are some tips for keeping your skin healthy and moisturized as we begin fall!

Starting on the inside

Healthy diet = healthy skin! Since water makes up over half of our body, we need to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. A healthy snack like almonds can help too!

Cleansing

Use a GENTLE cleanser! Harsh ones can strip and dry out your skin. Garnier’s Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil is AMAZING to use during cooler weather! It will leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated! You can find it at a local drug store for about $8!

Moisturizing

Make sure to use a moisturizer that fits your skin type! If you are extremely oily, be sure to use a water-based moisturizer and oil-based for extremely dry skin. Be sure to still use one with SPF as well!

Temperature of Water.

So it turns out that those hot showers we love are actually taking the moisture from our skin! Try to cut down on the super steamy showers!

Chapsticks

A lot of people think all chap sticks are good… NO! Some of them contain ingredients that we want to avoid, such as dyes and perfumes that will dry out our lips! Be sure to check the labels ! Exfoliate your lips as well. It may sound crazy but it really works in helping take dead skin off. My favorite lip exfoliator is Fabulips Sugar Lip Scrub by Bliss! It is amazing! 

HCXO!

Freshman at Valdosta State University, Love fashion,positive vibes, and laughing! Enjoying every day like it's my last.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.