Girl In Front Of Heart Shrub
Girl In Front Of Heart Shrub
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Sexuality has a spectrum where there is a variety of feelings or wants when it comes to sex. I have talked to friends who believe there is something wrong with them because they don’t want to have sex, they don’t get urges or they can’t orgasm with someone else. Our bodies are different.  For example, if I trip and fall, I might cry but someone else might not feel pain at all. There’s nothing wrong with how you feel about sex because there are thousands just like you, who love sex all the time, never have sex or even hate sex. What matters is that you are happy and comfortable with what you are doing. Never make your self uncomfortable to satisfy someone else unless you want to. Now, not everyone loves labels but when you are feeling down or “not normal,” a label can help you find the word to describe your feelings. Here I will explain six different sexualities.

couple
Photo by Becca Tapert on Unsplash

Asexual

This term means you do not experience sexual attraction to others. This can explain why you have never wanted to have sex with someone. Sut society pushes out there that everyone should want somebody, but that’s not reality.

Autosexual

This term explains a person who only feels attraction towards themselves. Now, this would manifest in only wanting to masturbate and not being attracted to others. Look this is perfect. Think about how you only have yourself to satisfy, and you can do that all the time.

Demisexual

This term is part of the sexual spectrum. This explain a person who is only sexually attracted to someone under specific circumstances. A person who demisexual could only be attracted to men who are very tall, dominant with slim builds or they are only attracted to men with very feminine characteristics.

Heterosexual

This term has been around for a long time, but it describes a person who is only attracted to someone of the opposite gender. Now over time, we have learned that sexuality can be more fluid, but we still live in a world that doesn’t fully respect everyone for being who they are.

couple
Photo by Tallie Robinson on Unsplash

Homosexual 

This term has expanded, but it describes a person who has an attraction to someone that is of the same gender as them. This term has been used to bring some pride to people and has helped people figure out who they truly are, and that it is perfect.

Pansexual

This term describes people who have a sexual, emotional or romantic attraction to any other person. It doesn’t matter the gender, sex, sexuality, etc. They feel what they feel.

If you fit or don’t fit any of these, it’s fine. Everyone is different, and that’s what makes the world interesting. There are hundreds of websites or social media pages that will explain all the different sexualities, and it can help to ask questions and find individuals you can share your experience with. Being different makes you special, and knowing this will make you accept yourself. You are a unicorn among horses. A rarity in this world, and we need everyone to see the beauty in themselves.

HCXO!