Senator Candidate Joel Pollack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

The season of 2015-2016 Student Government Association elections are upon us! If you haven’t had time to meet all the candidates or couldn’t go to the SGA Debate here is your chance to find out more about who YOU will be voting for. Meet SGA Senator candidate Joel Pollack below!

Name: Joel Pollack

Major/Minor: Healthcare Administration/Political Science

Hometown: John’s Creek, Georgia

Classification: Freshman

HC: Hey Joel! What postion are you running for in this year’s SGA elections?

Joel: I am running for the position of senator.

HC: To let us get to know you, what are 3 interesting facts about yourself?

Joel: I am an Eagle Scout with a Bronze Pin, I have been a VState Experience Host, I am also a part of the 2014 Emerging Leaders Class here at VSU.

HC: Awesome! So why are you running for the position of SGA senator?

Joel: I first joined SGA after noticing several of my fellow students having issues on campus. The issues they were having nearly forced them to leave Valdosta State. I decided to stand up and fight for a change.

HC: What areas of VSU are you passionate about redesigning, fixing, or creating in the future?

Joel: I want to to make it my goal to fix our retention rate, and increase enrollment at VSU. It will take fixing smaller issues to improve the retention rate and enrollment. In order to fix our retention rate, clarity in academics, housing and residence life, parking and transportation, campus life, and the safety and security of the campus will all be factors in creating a wholesome, educational, and welcoming environment.

HC: If elected to this position, what impact do you hope to create?

Joel: If elected to serve on SGA again, I will craft legislation that speaks from the hearts and minds of driven students. Legislation that I author with my committee will put Valdosta State on the path for success.

HC: Great! Are there any hashtags you would like your voters and supporters to use? 

Joel: #Joel4ValdostaSGA, #ForTheStudents, #WeTheStudents, and #Blazers4Joel. Also, feel free to check out my website, joelforvaldostasga.weebly.com, for more information!

University: Valdosta State University Major: American Sign Language & Interpretation Likes: eating doughnuts, going for a run, & doing paperwork Dislikes: tomatoes + lettuce on my cheeseburger, bad attitudes, & walking through mud in white Keds Follow Me: @brokenseaglass + @kekrivsky (Twitter/Instagram)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.