This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful humans!

Throughout life we all have these moments where we feel down about ourselves. Self-esteem is generally how we look at ourselves. Having low self-esteem is one of the hardest things to get over especially when we are surrounded by social media. Society and with the help of social media, we see people with flat stomachs and big butts, people in chains and rocking different designer brands and people rocking the longest weaves! We see this and think if we aren’t rocking these things, our self-esteem drops, and we start to think low of ourselves. We shouldn’t feel this way or let social media and society bring our self-esteem down.

Three women laughing at the camera
Photo by Radomir Jordanovic from Pexels

I think its time to act and start loving ourselves! I know personally that I started to get low self-esteem because I didn’t look like the females that I would see on social media. I started seeing the beauty in me from head to toe! I may not look like an Instagram baddie, but I am a baddie in my own unique way and so are you! You are all beautiful inside and out and don’t for get that. Step out an let that beauty shine because you deserve to glow!

woman wearing a white dress and jewelry
Photo by nappy from Pexels

• HCXO
Eriana Jones

Valdosta '22

Hello Beautiful people! My name is Eriana Jones! I am a junior at Valdosta State University and I am a Musical Theater major. I want to keep the arts alive and touch the lives of others. 
Her Campus at Valdosta State.