Is This Real?! Alexander Wang and H&M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

When you think of fashion there is no doubt that Alexander Wang is probably one of the top designers that comes into your head. As college students, most of us could only dream of owning Alexander Wang (even if it’s just a scarf!) so as the news dropped this past Sunday, I’m sure everyone’s heart skipped a beat.

Sunday, H&M announced their new collaboration for the year would be with none other than Wang himself! He is the first American designer to partner with H&M. His excitement was shared in a press release: “I am honored to be a part of H&M’s designer collaborations. The work with their team is an exciting, fun process. They are very open to push boundaries and to set a platform for creativity. This will be a great way for a wider audience to experience elements of the Alexander Wang brand and lifestyle.”

What’s not to already love about H&M? Somehow the brand captures every aspect of your life, from the office, to Ladies Night Out. It does so with quality and affordability and has been doing so since 1947. The brand has done nothing but grown since its store opening in Västerås, Sweden. H&M has definitely got our hearts with this one!

The collection is schedule to hit over 200 stores this fall, November 6th. Stores will be carrying selections for both women and men. Don’t worry, the collection will be available online for unlucky cities like Valdosta who don’t have an H&M store. Yay! I think I can speak for everyone when I say November 6th will be a highly anticipated day!

Jasmine Kendrick, otherwise known as Penny Lane is a 21 year old junior studying Communication Arts at Valdosta State. Originally from Wisconsin this Mid-Western girl moved to Georgia two years ago when she transferred from Columbia College in Chicago. Most of Jasmine’s time is spent working and being involved on campus. Jasmine loves her afro, shopping, reading a good book, traveling, cooking and spending time with family and friends. Follow Jasmine on Twitter and Instagram @__pennylanee.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.