Pumpkin Spice is Overrated! There, I Said It.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful ladies!

Photo by Leighann Blackwood on Unsplash

‘Tis the season, I guess. Fall is among us, and everyone’s favorite Fall flavor is making it’s cute lil comeback. Yes, I’m talking about Pumpkin Spice. I have yet to get into the Fall flavor craze because what do I look like consuming anything with the word ‘pumpkin’ it in? I’m convinced y’all like to romanticize the pumpkin itself. 

pumpkins
Photo by Ylanite Koppens from Pexels

Have y’all ever smelled the inside of a pumpkin? It’s horrid. Smells like my stomach acids. I understand that there’s not a lick of pumpkin in pumpkin spice, but it’s just a no for me, y’all. I think not. 

starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte
Starbucks

Now, if you want to get into something heavenly, get into eggnog. Yes, y’all could definitely argue against it and say, “Well, it contains eggs! An egg drink? That sounds disgusting.”. I get it, but it doesn’t contain the yolk. The yolk is the worst part. YET AND STILL PUMPKIN SPICE IS NAWT IT, AND I WON’T BE GETTING INTO IT.

Until eggnog is available, I’ll be waiting. I won’t be trying a single Fall drink.

With love + underrated fall drinks

Marissa Pollard

Dom Pollard

Valdosta '22

Dom is a sophomore, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in African American Studies and Sociology. They plan on doing work in either education, activism, film, or all three. They are a queer individual who speaks their mind and provides love + other elements to bring perspective to HERCampus Valdosta. HCXO!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.