President Mckinney’s Surprising Resignation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As we are all aware, President Mckinney has resigned his position as the president of Valdosta State University that is to be effective July 1, 2015. Upon hearing the news, students were extremely upset. His resignation was unexpected and happened all too soon.

Students feel as if Mr. Mckinney and the wonderful First Lady Dacia were the most interactive couple to ever hit VSU’s campus. From handing out cupcakes to participating in school activities, you could always find these two with radiant smiles on their faces and contagious positive energy you can’t avoid. Despite the many things they had on their agenda, they always made time to get to know their students and get involved in what we were doing.

We are sad to see them go, but we’re happy they were a part of the Blazer family. We thank them for their contributions and their efforts to improve our campus for the last three years. Mr. Mckinney and his wife Dr. Dacia Charlesworth have left a lasting impression on our campus, and while they are gone, they will surely never be forgotten.

HCXO!

I'm Felicia Burnett! I am a sophomore at Valdosta State University. My major is Exercise Physiology but I have a deep passion for writing!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.