This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

I am here to give you some Nontraditional Spring Break Ideas. I know that everyone does not like to go to or feel like they’re “too old” to go to a crowded beach and get drunk all seven days of Spring Break. So here is a list of activities that I plan on doing, and that you can do for Spring Break.

Drive-In Movies: I have never been to a Drive-In Movie, and I think that we should try and use this week to experience new things we have never done. So get some of your closest friends and use the biggest car to watch that new Love Simon movie at the drive-in theater this Spring Break.

Karaoke: You and your friends can sing your hearts out to Beyonce’s “Love on Top”, while serenading a room full of strangers that you’ll probably never see again, which will make it more fun and easier to embarrass yourself.

Drag Show: One plan that I have this Spring Break is to go to a Drag Show. Drag Shows are always high-spirited, colorful, and amazing. I’ve only been to a knockoff version of one in a park, so I can’t wait to see what a real one is going to be like!

Fair: There is always a fair or carnival around. Whether it’s big or small, see if there is one near you. You can have a day filled with cotton candy, games, and roller coasters. 

Planetarium: Check out a cool show at a Planetarium if you’re into that kind of stuff. You can see beautiful and vibrant simulations of our stars, planets, and constellations.

The Batting Cages: Spring Break is after Midterms, and by this time you are either tired from all the Midterm-Exams and are now stressing about how you only have a few weeks left in the semester. Going the Batting Cages is a for sure stress reliever. Just imagine that those baseballs are everything that’s making you lose sleep and break out, and hit them so hard the bat breaks (but not really though).

Shopping: It doesn’t matter if you are in Miami or New York for spring break, one thing you should do, that you’re probably going to do anyway, is go shopping! Shopping is a great pastime and stress reliever (Retail Therapy!). Go to your favorite stores, and most importantly the stores your city doesn’t have and shop until you literally drop.  

Ketorah Frazier

Valdosta '20

Ketorah is a First Year Sociology Graduate Student at Valdosta State University. Ketorah loves to watch WWE, The Walking Dead, and Broad City. She also enjoys being a room with nothing but music playing, new and old. When she’s not doing that, you can catch her playing her PS4, and talking on the phone with her family and friends. Post-graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Victim Services, and plans to open up her own Non-Profit Organization for ALL Victims of crimes, such as domestic and sexual abuse.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.