This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful people!

Woman with curly hair waving and saying hi to someone through her laptop.
Photo by Yan from Pexels

I hope everyone is having a great day wherever you are!

Non-binary written in yellow green and red logo blocks
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

HERCampus is a beautiful community of women; whether you’re cisgender, transgender, or anything in between. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting some beautiful people since being here. The close knit bond we all can form is really amazing. Like I said, HERCampus is an woman-ran online magazine. So where does this leave nonbinary/gender non-conforming people like me?

neon sign in greenery
Photo by Max Van Den Oetelaar from Unsplash

I came out as nonbinary publicly in the last few months, but I’ve self-identified with it for about a year now. It’s been a really confusing journey, but I’m finally comfortable with my expression. This changes how I now have to socialize myself in groups like this. Mind you, this group is awesome with the change of pronouns and preferred name, but I can tell that this will be an adjustment for everyone around. I’ve seen countless articles regarding other writers like me, and I feel so much better. It still feels a little weird being a part of a group that is very specific of of their writers and viewers… but I think this generation of people are more accepting to like-minded individuals with different identities.

chinese girl with heart hands
Photo by Raychan from Unsplash

If you’re reading this and you’re also nonbinary, you are loved. Just know HERCampus is a safe space for you!

With love + inclusivity , 

-Dom

Dom Pollard

Valdosta '22

Dom is a sophomore, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in African American Studies and Sociology. They plan on doing work in either education, activism, film, or all three. They are a queer individual who speaks their mind and provides love + other elements to bring perspective to HERCampus Valdosta. HCXO!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.