alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

There are many new shows or new seasons that have started in the fall of 2019. Many of them are good and I watch a lot of them. Here are all the shows and a brief comment for each. I know that not everyone has cable so I categorize the show by the network it is on. All the shows that are heavily underlined are the newest shows on TV.

Amazon Prime

Jack Ryan: This is an agent and the missions he goes on (Nov. 1)

The Man in the High Castle: This is about the Nazis and WW2 (Nov. 15)

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: This is about Mrs. Maisel making it in stand-up (Dec. 6)

Modern Love: This is various love stories. (Oct. 18)

Apple TV+

Dickinson: This is about the life of Emily Dickinson. (Nov. 1)

For All Mankind: This is a sci-fi about how the Soviet Union won the space race and how the world would have been. (Nov. 1)

The Morning Show: This is about anchors on a morning talk show. (Nov. 1)

Oprah’s Book Club: Oprah interviews authors (Nov. 1)

See: This is a world where nobody can see but some twins have sight and now everything is different. (Nov. 1)

Cable

9-1-1: This is a show about all 911 officials: firefighters, police, EMS and 911 responders, and how they work together in California to save people. (Fox)

All American: High school football (The CW)

All Rise: One of the only black female judges trying to be fair and just in a broken system. (CBS)

Almost Family: A father donates his sperm to about 100 strangers as a fertility doctor and now his daughter is trying to work through this finding. (FOX)

American Housewife: This is about a housewife and her family. (ABC)

America’s Funniest Home Videos: This is the new version with videos being turned it and this best wins a prize. (ABC)

A Million Little Things: This is a story about a group of friends and a wife dealing with the suicide of Jon. (ABC)

Are You Afraid of the Dark: Just like the Twilight Zone (Nickelodeon Oct 11)

Arrow: This is about the superhero the Green Arrow (CW Oct. 15)

Batwoman:  Ruby Rose is playing is a lesbian superhero (CW)

The Blacklist: A big-time fugitive has a blacklist for the worst of the worst and uses it to help the FBI find them but he has one condition. (NBC)

Black Lightning: This is about a vigilante superhero (The CW)

Black-ish: This is about the life of a black family and dealing with this world (ABC)

Bless the Harts: This is an animated comedy about a southern family. (FOX)

Bless This Mess: A city couple buys a farm and they try to make this mess work. (ABC)

Blue Bloods: This is about a police family and their adventures on the job. (CBS)

Bluff City Law: A lawyer and his daughter take on the case to help others (NBC)

Bob hearts Abishola: A man has a heart attack and falls for a nurse at the hospital. He tries to win her over. (CBS)

Bob’s Burgers: This is a comedy about a family that owns a burger restaurant. This is one of my favorites. (FOX)

Bull: This is about a trail scientist and his team working hard cases. (CBS)

Carol’s Second Act: A 50-year-old goes back to a new career in medicine (CBS)

Charmed: Three witch sister helping fight evil (The CW Oct. 11)

Chicago Fire: This is about a Chicago fire department and what they go through. (NBC)

Chicago Med: This is a drama about a Chicago hospital ER., how they save lives and what they go through. (NBC)

Chicago P.D.: This is a drama about a Chicago police department and its team of detectives. It shows how they operate and what they go through. (NBC)

The Conners: This is the spinoff of Roseanne. (ABC Oct. 16)

Creepshow: Five short scary tales. (Nov. 12 AMC)

Dynasty: Soap opera about wealthy families. (The CW Oct. 11)

Emergence: A mysterious girl survives a plane crash and is chased after for her powers (ABC)

Empire: A  major drama about a family that owns a record company and work within it. (Fox)

Evil: This is a skeptical psychologist exploring the ungodly evil of the world. (CBS)

Family Guy: This is a dark comedy about a family and the father of the family’s adventures. (FOX)

FBI: This is about FBI partners and the crimes they solve. (CBS)

The Flash: The Superhero that is the fastest in the world (CW Oct. 8)

Fresh Off the Boat: This is about an Asian family in America (ABC)

God Friended Me: A guy is friended by a God account and it helps him to find people that need his help. (CBS)

The Goldbergs: In the 1980s teen records his life on a video camera. (ABC)

The Good Doctor: A doctor who may not be able to talk to the patient but can save lives at an alarming rate. (ABC)

The Good Place: This is a comedy about the afterlife (NBC)

Grey’s Anatomy: This is a series about a hospital, the doctors and the drama within it all. (ABC)

Hawaii Five-0: The detective team in Hawaii. (CBS)

How to Get Away With Murder: This is a drama about a group of people and this will be the last season. (ABC)

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: This gang owns Paddy’s Pub and not very successfully. (FX)

Kids Say the Darndest Things: Tiffany Haddish has conversations with kids (ABC)

Law & Order: SVU: This is about the detectives that solve the hardest crimes (NBC)

Legacies: This is about the supernatural school from the Vampire Diaries (The CW Oct. 10)

Madam Secretary: It’s about the Madam Secretary and this is the last final season. (CBS)

Magnum P.I.: A military man becomes a P.I. and with the help of his friends, he helps people (CBS)

The Masked Singer: This is masked celebrities singing and hoping to be the last masked singer standing. (FOX)

The Misery Index: A game show. (TBS)

Mixed-ish: Is Rainbow’s childhood story about a mixed girl in the ’80s (ABC)

Modern Family: This is the last season of this crazy family. (ABC)

Mom: This is the journey to a mom and her mom going to AA and becoming better people in the process. (CBS)

Mr. Robot: About a hacker (USA Network)

Nancy Drew: A girl who solves crimes (CW Oct. 9)

NCIS: Is the Navy Police Officers that investigate Navy crimes in D.C. (CBS)

NCIS: Los Angeles: Is the Navy Police Officers that investigate Navy crimes in Los Angles (CBS)

NCIS: New Orleans: Is the Navy Police Officers that investigate Navy crimes in New Orleans (CBS)

The Neighborhood: A family moves from a small town to the suburb and city of Michigan (CBS)

New Amsterdam: This is about a hospital under the new management that is about the patient first. (NBC)

Perfect Harmony: Retired music professor help a church choir. (NBC)

Press: A drama about the London newspaper industry (PBS)

Primal: This is about a caveman and a dinosaur (Adult Swim)

Prodigal Son: The son of a serial killer solves crimes with the help of his father (FOX)

The Purge: Just like the movies. A day where you can do any crime. (USA)

The Resident: A drama about a hospital and its staff. (FOX)

Riverdale: Group of teens in drama (CW Oct. 9)

The Rookie: A middle-aged man becomes a cop. (ABC)

Saturday Night Live: A comedy show that does different skits (NBC)

Schooled: About a teacher in the 1990s (ABC)

SEAL Team: Drama about a SEAL team and the missions they go on. (CBS)

Shark Tank: People show their inventions to millionaire and hope they can get money to continue their dream (ABC)

The Simpsons: A yellow animated family’s everyday life in a comedy (ABC)

Single Parents: Single parents work together to be successful at parenting (ABC)

South Park: This is a dark comedy the adventures of group kids that do anything and everything. (Comedy Central)

Stumptown: A woman with a military background becomes a private investigator (ABC)

Supergirl: This is a woman with superpowers (CW)

Supernatural: Two brother that goes after the evil supernatural (Oct. 10 The CW)

Superstore: Story about the workers at a store (NBC)

S.W.A.T.: This is about S.W.A.T. team solves crimes and saving lives (CBS)

This Is Us: This is a family and the heart-breaking struggles they go through. (NBC)

Treadstone: Is about a program that creates assassins (USA Oct. 14)

The Unicorn: This is about a widower dad and him learning to become a single father. (CBS)

The Voice: A singing competition. (NBC)

The Walking Dead: This is about people surviving the undead (AMC)

WWE’s SmackDown Live: Wrestling and the dramas (FOX)

Young Sheldon: This is about the childhood of Shield Copper from The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

Disney+

Encore: This brings old high school drama crew back together to perform again. (Nov. 12)

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The old high school musical crew comes back to do it again. (Nov. 12)

The Mandalorian: This is about a warrior in the old times. (Nov. 12)

The World According to Jeff Goldblum: Jeff talks about science and facts. (Nov. 12)

Epix

Get Shorty: A guy is a muscle for criminal and now want to be a movie producer                                                 

Godfather of Harlem: This is about the crime boss Bumpy Johnson after he gets out of prison

Facebook Watch

The Birch: A teen is friends with a monster (Oct. 11)

Limetown: This is about a journalist researching the story on the disappearance of hundreds at this facility. (Oct. 16)

Sorry for Your Loss: A drama about a woman grieving her husband.

HBO

Catherine the Great: About Catherine ruling and her affairs (Oct. 21)

His Dark Materials: A girl is looking for her kidnapped friend. (Nov. 4)

Mrs. Fletcher: A woman gets called “MILF” and she goes through a mid-life crisis. (Oct. 27)

Silicon Valley: Comedy about tech bros in Silicon Valley (Oct. 27)

Watchmen: Just like the 12th issue of the comic book series (Oct. 20)

Hulu

Castle Rock: Stephen King-inspired (Oct. 23)

Dollface: This about a girl who loses her friends after being in a relationship and now that she isn’t in that relationship anymore, she wants to talk to them again. (Nov. 15)

Letterkenny: Small town comedy (Oct. 14)

Light as a Feather: Four friends invite the new girl to go out with them for Halloween but it goes weary when she suggests a killer game (Hulu)

Looking for Alaska: A guy is enrolled in a boarding school and is falling for Alaska Young (Oct. 18)the

Marvel’s Runaways: Teenage superheroes (Dec. 13)

Reprisal: This is about a woman seeking revenge to the gang that almost murdered her (Dec. 6)

Nat Geo

Brain Games: Game show with celebrity guest (Dec. 1)

Running Wild With Bear Grylls: Bear Grylls going on outdoor adventures. (Nov. 5)

Netflix

Big Mouth: This is about teens going through puberty and their helpers.

Bojack Horseman: This is a talking animal society where Bojack was a famous actor a long-time age and he is trying to keep that glory. (Oct. 25)

Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner: This is food docuseries and David Chang goes with celebrities to eat (Oct. 23)

The Crown: This is about the British monarchy. (Nov. 17)

Daybreak: A teen looking for her friend in a post-apocalyptic world where it is survival of the fittest. (Oct. 24)

Goliath: It a drama

Insatiable: About a girl who becomes a beauty queen and loves to get back at those who hurt her (Oct. 11)

The Kominsky Method: Michael’s Sandy Kominsky teaches improv to others. (Oct. 25)

Living With Yourself: Man has self-improvement treatment and replaces his old self (Oct. 18)

Peaky Blinders: It is a mob tale.

The Politician: A highschool student wants to become class president and he will do anything to get it

Queer Eye: We’re in Japan!: The Fab five go to Japan to help people.

Raising Dion: A single mom with a son with powers

Rhythm & Flow: Music competition where celebrities find rappers (Oct. 9)

Showtime

Back to Life: A woman who was in prison for 20 years is now in the outside world.  Kidding: A kids’ show host shows his real side. (Nov. 3)

The L Word: Generation Q: Group of friends and their love lives. (Dec. 8)

Ray Donovan: He is a fixer. (Nov. 17)

Shameless: This is a drama-comedy about a dysfunctional family that makes it work somehow. (Nov. 3)

Spectrum Originals

Mad About You: This is a couple in the ’90s in NYC (Nov. 20)

Starz

Dublin Murders: About the investigation of a missing girl outside of Dublin (Nov. 10)

Leavenworth: About the war crimes of Clint Lorance (Oct. 20)

Youtube

Impulse: About a telekinetic teen who is dealing with her powers (Oct. 16)

Liza on Demand: Liza is taking on different task and jobs to become a master at it all

Alycia Ashmore

Valdosta '21

LOVE
Her Campus at Valdosta State.