This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

There are so many different people to meet, places to go and things to discover. Don’t be to closed mind to these new and exciting things. Settling for less doesn’t always have to deal with being in relationships. It means committing to something, someone or an idea just because you may feel as if you can’t do better.  

This could happen at school in a certain class, at a new job, a new city or even at home. Settling for less isn’t the most popular thing to do, but it is common when you don’t have much to look forward to and you’re trying to get through life. 

If you settle for less with something small, say like a new task you’re uncomfortable with at work, people will think that they can get over on you and make you do just about anything. That’s not the image you want to portray to others. You don’t want to be the person people go to for the unwanted tasks. Even having that reputation on your back is the start of settling for less. 

Never feel as if you have limits to what you’re striving for. You won’t get far in life thinking this way. Your mindset and confidence level has a heavy determination to your success. 

“The sky isn’t the limit, its only the view.” This is the quote I live by everyday. You may see what you want and what’s there in front of your eyes, but you have to look behind the curtain and really dig deep to get to what you truly want and are capable of. 

Never settle for less. Know your worth, only you can determine that and create your own path. Don’t let anyone tell you different or get in your way. Push through, explore, and try things you actually want to. Don’t take what you’re given and stop, push forward and continue. Never forget that. 

HCXO! 

Hello, Paige Buchanan is currently a junior mass media major and journalism minor at Valdosta State University. She loves the art of writing and media. Her career goal is to be a News Anchor. She loves to socialize with new people, explore her options in every aspect, and has many goals set for herself. She always has loved the quote "The Sky Isn't The Limit, It's Only The View" Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: paige_beauty96
Her Campus at Valdosta State.