pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Need a Hand? Campus Celebrity Kaylan’s Got You Covered!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Among those sharing the love this past Valentine’s Day is VSU’s very own Kaylan Hand! In fact, V-Day is a bit of her specialty; she has been involved in the Vagina Monologues for the past few years, and she is co-director of A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer and the Vagina Monologues this year! I would ask that we give Kaylan a hand for all of her hard work and dedication, but I think she’ll be the one to offer you a helping hand instead!

A senior, undergraduate psychology major, Kaylan hopes to make a change by helping people get through the daily trials in their lives. She plans on attending VSU’s Graduate School and go into either clinical counseling psychology or marriage and family therapy. This path seamlessly flows into some of her favorite quotes:

“Stay motivated and know that there will be hiccups and bumps and never give up. Each experience is a growing experience.”

“Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.”

The intensity in Kaylan’s voice as she quoted these was nearly palpable; clearly this comes from the heart. She firmly believes that one should never give up, and it brings a sense of warmth to know that someone, somewhere will always be cheering for you — and that someone is Kaylan.

She hopes to be a teenage depression counselor, and I can see this beautiful woman changing lives, just as she aspires to do. 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.