Natural Hair Girls: Natural Girl Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Being natural has its benefits but there are just some things we all go through that we would rather not. There’s strinkage, the endless twisting, the expensive products, the hair envy and the list goes on and on.   

You’re not even half way through with the day and you have the worst headache but it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that the puff is gawjusss!!  

This is probably the question every girl with natural hair dreads!! It’s so hard for people to get it. Just tell them, “I woke up like this,” even though you probably went to bed looking like Felicia from Friday. 

You’re probably a victim of this much more than you should be but I know it’s so hard to get up and twist your hair every night. This probably happens to me every Saturday morning.

Literally an ALL day process!! Don’t even begin to stress that these products are for you hair and not for cooking.

This is always an awkward situation. What you want to do is scream “DON’T TOUCH MY HAIR” or put a nice little sign in your hair that says “Please, don’t touch. I am not your pet dog.” 

Detangling on wash day is like homework on a Friday night. It must be done but no one wants to do it. 

Yasssss honey *snaps fingers and flips hair*, after going majority of the year with your afro you almost forgot what straight hair feels like. Hair is laid is the gods and you feel like you can take on the world. 

Jasmine Kendrick, otherwise known as Penny Lane is a 21 year old junior studying Communication Arts at Valdosta State. Originally from Wisconsin this Mid-Western girl moved to Georgia two years ago when she transferred from Columbia College in Chicago. Most of Jasmine’s time is spent working and being involved on campus. Jasmine loves her afro, shopping, reading a good book, traveling, cooking and spending time with family and friends. Follow Jasmine on Twitter and Instagram @__pennylanee.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.