This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s important that we take care of our skin. Most of us have a daily skin care routine that consists of using your favorite cleanser and moisturizer. While that’s great, another great thing to add are face masks! Face masks are great for deep skin treatments and don’t have to be added to your daily routine. You can treat yourself to a face mask about once a week or every other week, depending on your skin care needs. Here are just a few face masks that I have tried and absolutely love.

1. Glossier: Moisturizing Moon Mask

This mask is definitely true to its name. This mask will leave your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated without the greasy feel. It’s perfect if you have dry skin or just want to add a little bit of glow. A great tip is to put the mask in the refridgerator for about 5 minutes before application. After being in the fridge, the mask will give you an amazing cooling sensation that will soothe your skin. This mask includes honey and aloe along with other ingredients that will revive and plump and your skin. You can find this product on the Glossier site

2. Pure Body Naturals: Dead Sea Mud Mask

This mask is sure to give your skin a deep clean. The Dead Sea Mud Mask is packed with ingredients that will treat breakouts, blackheads and minimize your pores. It gets rid of harmful toxins, dirt and dead skin cells. Another great thing about this mask is that it can actually be used on other parts of your body. It can be used on your arms, neck or legs. You can find this product on Amazon (good news Prime subscribers)!

3. Fresh: Rose Face Mask

Fresh’s Rose Face Mask is also perfect for hyrdrating your skin. This mask is infused with real rose petals that leave your skin feeling smooth and toned. The mask also includes aloe and cucumber extract to cool and calm your skin. The gel feel of the mask is very soothing; it will leave your skin feeling supple and revitalized. You can find this product on their site or in Sephora. Warning: It is a little on the pricey side but there are cheaper alternatives on Amazon. As always, be careful when buying unboxed products. Shop at your own risk.

4. Lush: The Sacred Truth

Lush is known for their fresh handmade cosmetics. The Sacred Truth is just one of their amazing products. This mask brightens and revives dull skin. It includes enzymatic papaya which eliminates dryness and antioxidant-rich wheatgrass. This mask is packed with nutrients that will give amazing skin benefits. You check out more about their products on their site. Unfortunately, this is a Fresh Mask, so it’s only available in stores. 

5. Glossier: Mega Greens Galaxy Pack

Another mask from Glossier! This mask is definitely filled with “mega greens” like parsley and spinach that provide your skin with nutrients. The mask includes white kaolin clay that draws out impurities and detoxifies your skin. It also includes superfruits, aloe and avocado oil. This mask will leave your skin feeling clean and calm. You can also find this product on their site

BONUS. Dr. Jart: Dermaclear Trans-Foam Clay Trio

You will definitely get your money’s worth with this trio. The set includes Trans-Foam Clay in: Calming White, Moisturizing Pink and Refreshing Green. Each serve a different purpose but they all go from clay face masks to foaming cleansers when water is added. These two-in-one masks are great to brighten, remove dead skin cells and give your skin a gentle cleanse. Take your pick, they all have great individual benefits: white has chamomile to calm/purify skin, pink has lotus flower to hydrate/purify and green has tea tree, eucalyptus, and lemongrass to refresh. This can be found at Sephora online or in stores.

Remember to treat your skin! You can use any of these masks to give your skin the care it needs. 

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk