This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Christmas time is upon us and you know what that means…..staying inside and binge-watching movies!  So, with that, here are a few movies to stop and watch on Netflix!

Their Eyes Were Watching God

If you haven’t seen this movie and you’re into African American literature, love, more love, and Micheal Ealy then this is definitely for you. First, Jennifer Lopez is in it serving face, body, attitude, and #BlackGirlMagic all over the place. This movie taught me to never settle for anything less than unconditional love! Don’t let no man half love you and watch Their Eyes Were Watching God. It’s also an amazing book by Zora Neal Hurston, so check it out!

Princess & The Frog

Call me what you want, but this movie makes me cry time and time again! It shows New Orleans culture from every angle including music, family, and magic. Finally, a Disney princess who worked her butt off to earn the title princess, but it goes so much further than Tiana. The best character hands down is Ray! Give this a watch with your family and thank me later.

Little Monsters

Now, give this one a chance. On the surface, t is very strange and hard to rate for age purposes, but once you’re past all of that its a great story of the boy vs. the monster world! This movie really was a great one!

-HCXO

Danysha Lamadieu is a 20 something year old blogger, attending Valdosta State University majoring in Theatre Performance. She plans, after graduation, to be a Educational Outreach Director for a theatre on the east coast!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.