sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

One of my favorite pastimes is to lounge around with a blanket, some snacks, and have a movie night! As mentioned in previous articles, my favorite genre is horror! I love scary movies because the aesthetics make everything so realistic & vivid. I know horror movies aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, so don’t worry, I have a mixture prepared. Here is my guess of the movies that I believe will be the highlights of 2017. 

50 Shades Darker

Call me cliche for the typical romance movie, but this is my top selection. This is the sequel to 50 Shades of Grey, the movie that we all either loved or hated. I’ve always wondered if there had been other women in Ana’s position. Well now I know, which means this movie will be even better than the first. 

The Boss Baby

Who doesn’t love a good funny animation film that all ages can enjoy? I believe The Boss Baby is going to be hilarious. The idea of a grown man pretending to be a baby reminds me of the movie Little Man. Of course this is a kid friendly movie, which Little Man was not. I know it was be way less explicit, but If it’s anything like Little Man it will be epic. 

Beauty and The Beast

My all time FAV Disney movie! I absolutely fell in love with Beauty and The Beast when I was a child. Everything from Belle’s elegance, to the teacups, to her loving heart really made this the top of my list. I’m sure everyone can agree that it won’t just be kids in lines for this film. A classic being recreated and brought to life is something I don’t want to miss!

Halloween 

A classic serial killer that scared us all as kids gets revamped and brought into 2017! I’m excited to see how this film will turn out. Usually I say just leave the classics alone, but the more Jason, the better. 

Get Out 

This film will surely ruffle some feathers. While covering topics such as racism, I believe this film will shed light on the issues that we’re currently facing in America. In addition I believe it will encourage everyone to stick together & stand up for what they believe in.

-HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.