Michaela’s Artist Spotlight: Chuck Robinson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You may have seen VSU junior and rapper Chuck Robinson open up for Sevyn Streeter last spring. He definitely put on a show and got the crowd hype! You may also have seen him perform during the cypher or his music video for his song “Opaa” with fellow artist, Hollywood.

Chuck has been rapping for 14 years now, stating, “I wrote my first rhyme in 2nd grade and I’ve been in love with it since.” He wants his music to be heard and for everyone to be screaming “Opaa!”

The support he received from fellow VSU students during his performance made a lasting impact on Chuck. “The support from VSU really helped me break out of my shell. I’m really one of the shyest individuals around, but people are intrigued by my talent which motivates me.” His mission is to invite listeners into his world with his music. He makes music that other young adults can relate to and also bob their heads to!

He recently released an EP: The Dopetry EP Vol. 1, which was a collaboration between him and his good friend Jay Dennis, aka Dennis K. Noda. Chuck also founded Team Dopetry with Dennis K. Noda. It consists of their closest friends and supporters and they plan on expanding the team with more talented individuals. “This may sound cliche, but dopetry is deeper than rap; It’s a lifestyle.”

Chuck plans on releasing another video with Hollywood soon. Make sure you download the EP and check out the video for “Opaa”!

The Dopetry EP

“Opaa” Music Video:

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk
Her Campus at Valdosta State.