This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

His soulful voice, good looks, and songs that make you want a love so deep, the ocean would be jealous! Here are five reasons why John Legend is our #MCM! 

1. Harlem Village Academics: The Harlem Village Academics is an organization that focuses on providing passionate and helpful teachers in the community. Yes, curriculum is important but what about the people who teach it?

“I come from a city where 40 percent to 50 percent of our kids drop out of high school. I did well in high school and then went to an Ivy League school, but I was the exception. We need to do more to make sure every kid has a quality education.”

2. Music: This man makes incredible music! Music that teaches people to love one another. This incredibly talented man plays the piano and can sing!

3. He’s super intelligent and a natural leader!: He went to Penn State and then he served as President and musical director of a co-ed jazz and pop a cappella group called Counterparts! His lead vocals on the group’s recording of “One of Us” landed them a position on the 1998 Best of Collegiate a Cappella complilation CD!

4. He loves women!: His entire album Love in the Future uplifted women and really showcased his wife in such a nice light.

“I don’t think it was one particular moment,” Legend explains about his love for wife Chrissy Teigen. “I knew I loved her, I knew I could see myself living with her and spending time with her forever, I knew I could envision us having kids together and I felt like it was time to propose.”

5. Wine!: He keeps red wine backstage! Girls, don’t we love our wine?! 

So pop in one of his albums and dance with a significant other or smile to yourself! John loves you!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.