jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Living the Single Life As Inspired by Samantha Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

For every single lady out there who spent Valentine’s Day weekend depressing over spending yet another year alone, Samantha Jones from Sex and the City will remind you of why being young, beautiful and single isn’t such a bad thing!

There are Plenty of Fish in the Sea

Have you ever had a day where you doubted yourself just because you keep on going on dates and have not been able to make any guy stay? For days like this, where you doubt your absolute hotness, get up, get out, and look great. You will see the greatest perk of being single: with so many handsome men out here who wants to have to choose just one?

Competing with Your Ex                      

It doesn’t matter when and how long you and your ex have been apart, there will always be that competition to show him that his life sucks compared to yours. Being single allows you to do just that! You live for yourself, do what you please, go wherever you please and most importantly, you don’t have to deal with relationship problems like him!

Girls Night Out Every Night

Remember that you’re single and therefore can go out whenever you feel like it with your girlfriends. Even if you and your girls decided to stay in and have a girls night, you don’t have to worry about spending too much time with them or not spending enough time with them. Because, well, you don’t have anybody else to hang out with, and who better to spend time with than the ones who support you no matter what?

Hooking Up

Being single is the only time in your life that you can absolutely do whatever you please and you don’t have to worry about hurting anyone else’s feelings.  This means that if you have random hook ups, or if you and your good guy friend had too much to drink and hooked up, it’s okay! Remember that sex is a part of life, and as long as you are not hurting yourself, there is nothing wrong with your random flings. This is the time in your life to have adventures and enjoy yourself.

Keeping Your Ducks in a Row

The best reason to be single in your twenties, especially while being in college, is you prioritize better. You don’t have any distractions keeping you from focusing on your goals, and your life revolves around making your dreams come true. If making your dreams come true requires you to move to another country or just transfer to another university, you can freely do so; there isn’t anything holding you back.

To all my single ladies, this one’s for you!

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.