Lil Wayne Says He’s Done With the Rap Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Lil Wayne the famous rapper known for his dope lyrics told the world he’s done with the rap game via Twitter this past Friday. Wayne tweeted “I am now defenseless and mentally defeated and I leave gracefully and thankful I luh my fanz but I’m dun” he then tweeted “ain’t looking for sympathy, just serenity”, and “I’m good ya’ll don’t trip”. He has the support of his fellow rap friends, including Chance the Rapper who tweeted” Be Encouraged” to the rapper. Lil Wayne has been in rap game for over 14 years and accomplished many things throughout his career.  Check out a few of his greatest moments in his career.

Launch of Young Money Records:

Lil Wayne’s label Young Money Records led to the successful careers of two the most prominent artists in the game right now, Nicki Minaj and Drake.

Grammy Award:

The Carter III was nominated for best rap album and won a Grammy. He also won a Grammy for his hit song “Lollipop.”

Trukfit Clothing Line:

Lil Wayne mixed his passion for skateboarding and fashion and  launched his skateboard clothing line Trukfit.

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.