This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

To My Freshmen Self: 

While you may be lonely right now, girl are you in for the ride of your life. Right now you may feel like you’ve got it all figured out, and the road ahead is easy and clear, but little do you know that various factors of life will impact your growth. From relationships, to friendships, to family, every aspect of your life will put you to the test. Although you still don’t have life figured out , you’ll receive the constant reassurance that you’re doing something right in life. 

It’s important to stay grounded with your school work and realize that at some point it’s time to stop spending money to get into parties, and eventually invest more in yourself. The party life can be a distraction to your school work. You may not have a damaged academic career, but you certainly won’t be satisfied with your grades. Put more time into getting to know people you take classes with as well as professors. Also, save yourself the trouble, and don’t go to the school bookstore to purchase the you need. It’s even better if you check to make sure you need the textbook first. Nonetheless, The long walks to and from class as well as the knowledge you gain from some professors are worth it. 

To my darling freshman self, you’re sitting in your room wondering where your next friend will come from, but little do you know all the time you spent alone was completely worth it because you’ll soon gain not just a friendship, but a sisterhood. There will be arguments and discussions you’re not use to having, but all of it is a contribution to your path on becoming a better person. The sisterhood will bring you laughter, tears of joy, excitement, and bring you to an area outside your comfort zone that you didn’t know you could reach. Through it all, you will  be thankful for this bond as they help you find your way through tough situations.

Okay, so maybe you weren’t completely alone your freshmen year as you were still going strong in a what will soon be a tough 3 years of ups and downs in a toxic relationship. Yes, the relationship will end, but you will have a tough time finding yourself after its over. You’ll try to find yourself in others, but constantly avoid looking within yourself. Ultimately, you’ll find someone who may be your possible life partner. This person will make you feel comfortable, and their, what seems to be, outgoing personality will be another reminder that being yourself is the best way to heal yourself and heal others along the way. 

There’s so much more I could tell you, but I just wanted to touch on the main issues that will impact you throughout your college journey. Keeping pushing, you’ll find your passion and your creative life will have it’s ups and downs, ut every interaction with someone and everyone experience is worth your growth.

With Love, 

Your future self

Kylah Gilbert

Valdosta '20

My name is Kylah Gilbert. I am a 20 year old Juniorish at Valdosta State University. My writing is an insight to who I am as a person. So welcome to me as a person.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.