Lemme Tell You What I Learned in My 1st week of Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hey beautiful ladies!

Oof, it’s been a hot minute since I’ve talked to y’all. How are y’all doing? Hope you had a very happy holiday and a happy New Year! Let’s bring it all the way back. 

Ah, it’s Spring 2020, and I’m in my second week of this semester. Girl. When I tell you I am… TIRED? Listen, that month-long break had me spoiled. I cried on my way back to school, I’m not gonna lie.

So, what is a Marissa Auriell article without a list? Obviously not a Marissa Auriell article, am I right? Here’s a short list of things I’ve discovered within my first week of this new semester.

1. The Spring schedule you made last semester will probably change about fifteen times. I was so set on my final schedule for this semester, and I was more than excited to meet all my professors. Let’s just say I dropped half of my schedule and scrambled throughout the school catalog just to find some more classes before the drop/add period was over.

2. Speaking of dropping classes, my minor is not for me. I came to Valdosta State wanting to be an African American Studies minor, and this semester would’ve been the start of those minor courses. I don’t usually listen to my gut ‘cause I’m not very confident in it. After meeting every minor teacher, I dropped every class. To be honest, I don’t know why I was expecting anything out of this department, and I’ll just leave it at that.

3. Re-rewriting my notes is actually helping me out a lot. I have a lot of free-time between my first and second class Monday-Thursday; so I spend my mornings re-rewriting my notes. I didn’t take advantage of this last semester and well…it brought my GPA down .1 point. I actually don’t mind it. It works for me. 

I hope all of y’all have a great Spring Semester!

With love + spring classes,

-Marissa Auriell

Dom Pollard

Valdosta '22

Dom is a sophomore, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in African American Studies and Sociology. They plan on doing work in either education, activism, film, or all three. They are a queer individual who speaks their mind and provides love + other elements to bring perspective to HERCampus Valdosta. HCXO!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.