This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Spring is something that I’ve been dying for. All week my mind is just thinking about me just making it through this week, then I will have a week to do nothing but just relax and catch up on sleep. Spring break is around the corner and sometimes planning a trip with your friends doesn’t go as planned. But here are some alternatives for when your trip doesn’t go as planned.  

Road Trips

• Road trips are a great way to get out of town on a budget, especially while in college. Whether you’re staying on campus or going home, taking a road trip just a couple hours away from your current location will give you the feeling of being on vacation. Grab your siblings or roommates and go on a spontaneous adventure. What is the most commonly visited tourist attraction in the state that you’re staying in? Go check it out. 

Go to the zoo

• The zoo is always a good idea. It is the perfect warm weather outing and one of the perfect last-minute spring break idea. They are fairly cheap and often have student discounts. Pack a picnic lunch, some friends, and go hang out with the adorable creatures that will automatically brighten your day.

Go camping

• Every state has somewhere that you can enjoy the great outdoors. Grab a tent, hammock, some matches, snack foods and head to the nearest mountain or lake. Enjoy some quality you-time. Having nature all to yourself can be one of the most therapeutic experiences ever. But of course, if you can convince your friends to join – even better!

New Orleans

• Mardi Gras may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun in New Orleans. There are several budget-friendly options waiting to be explored by spring breakers. Go on a dinner cruise; sign up for a food tour; and visit one of the many interesting museums.

Water & Amusement Parks

• Being in Georgia is always a wonderful thing. You can grab your friends and go visit Six Flags Over Georgia, Skyview Atlanta, Wild Adventures, Lake Winnie Amusement Park, and even  Summer Waves Water Park. 

If you have little time left until spring break it doesn’t take much money or effort to have a good time. In fact, you won’t even have to break your account this break. Be safe and enjoy your break.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.