Jasmine Johnson ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

You know that girl whose hair is ALWAYS laid, dresses well, is so sweet to everyone, and has the killer vocals similar to Jhene Aiko’s voice? Then you know of Jasmine Johnson, Her Campus Valdosta’s Campus Cutie! 

I got the chance to chat with Jasmine and ask her a few questions about herself.

Name: Jasmine Catrice Johnson

Age: 21

Classification: Senior

Major: Early Childhood Education

Relationship Status: Taken

Her Campus: Hey girl! So why’d you choose VSU?

Jasmine Johnson: I chose VSU because [it has] a great Education program. The distance from home to here is beneficial as well.

HC: What have you learned from being at this university so far?

JJ: From being at this university so far, I have learned that you HAVE to stay focused. There are a variety of individuals that attend VSU and it is your responsibility to surround yourself with postive and motivated people. It is very important that you connect with people with similar work ethics as yourself, if not better!

HC: I completely understand! So what’s your greatest experience here so far?

JJ: My greatest experience at this univerisity so far is meeting my friends who I call family! I never expected to create the bonds I have with the people I’ve made along my college career. They keep me well rounded and I love them, ALWAYS!

HC: Aww that’s so sweet! What’s a quality about yourself that you admire?

JJ: I do admire my personality. I swear I’m always smiling! I don’t feel that it is neccessary to express my every emotion that I’m going through, especially if it’s going to affect others who aren’t involved.

HC: Very true! What’s your favorite movie?

JJ: The Temptations

HC: What’s your dream date?

JJ: Okay first, we’re leaving Valdosta. I’m thinking Florida. Dress comfortable because we’re going to Dave & Busters. Next, the movies. Then out to eat. It has to be a nice restaurant. We both have to look nice; I’m talking head-turning fine! (But this place has to be nice and they HAVE to serve cheesecake!!) Finally, finishing the night off with a walk on the beach with my favorite guy and my favorite wine.

HC: Oooh, that sounds so romantic! Cheesecake is my favorite dessert too! What qualities do you like in a guy?

JJ: He has to be handsome, be consistent, have morals, be genuine, make me laugh, be understanding, great personality and loyal. Overall, be good enough to meet my mom, brother, and step dad.

HC: What’s the first thing you notice about a guy?

JJ: Looks, then personality. Looks get you through the door but personality keeps you around. 

HC: Okay, girl. What are some turn offs?

JJ: Ego. I can’t stand a guy who thinks he is above all. Hypocrisy; be yourself. Don’t pretend to be something you’re not when I know the real you. A guy who can’t keep “him” to himself.

HC: If you were to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?

JJ: Outgoing, optimistic, hilarious

HC: What’s something you can’t leave your house without?

JJ: I can’t leave without my 1Card, of course. I’d be lost without it, and my phone.

HC: What color describes you and why? ​

JJ: RED. It’s loud and energetic like myself…and real sexy-like.

Now if you ever see this beauty on campus, whether she’s in and out of the Education Building or singing, don’t hesistate to smile and say hi!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.