It’s On Us

Next week, the It's On Us campaign is having a national week to bring awareness to the issue of sexual assault. VSU is having our own mini week to bring awareness! The It's On Us campaign launched September 19th, 2014 by President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden in partnership with Generation Progress at the Center for American Progress. The campaign recognizes that the solution to the issue of sexual assault begins with all of us, and calls for the reframe of the conversation about sexual assault in a way that encourages people to look at it as their own responsibility to do something to prevent it.

In the last year, the campaign has been launched at over 300 schools and more than 650 It's On Us events have been hosted! Since the national launch, almost 220,000 people have taken the pledge to end sexual assault on college campuses. The campaign has over 90 partners in the fields of media, sports leagues and conferences, sexual assault prevention organizations, non-profit organizations, and more!

You too can take the pledge! You can also take the pledge and get more information Monday, November 2nd from 12-2 in front of Odum Library or Wednesday November 4th from 12-2 in the Student Union. There will also be a discussion forum  Tuesday November 3rd at 7pm in Ballroom C in the Student Union. Hope to see all of you there!

HCXO!

Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk