It’s That Time of Year Again: Game Day Outfits!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

As summer comes to a close and the weather starts cooling down, there is only one thing that this could mean: football season is here! In the south, football season is bigger than any other time of the year. It is a time for your school to come together for tailgating and fun, and to hopefully make it to the game so you can cheer on your team! Along with football season comes the game day outfit, which to me is the best thing about the games! Dressing up with your friends in your schools colors with a tattoo logo on your cheek is always so much fun! Valdosta’s colors are red and black, which are perfect because I can use my outfits for my school’s games and for when I am cheering on my Dawgs ;).

When most girls think of game day outfits, they think of two things: dresses and chevron. Finding pieces like those are always good to have. However, when I go searching for my outfits, I like to have a cute white pre-plum top to match my lacy black shorts paired with my delightful red earrings. Even finding a cute, solid-colored dress and accessorizing it with statement jewelry is a fun way to still show your game day spirit. The other day, I was super excited to finally find some red shorts that I have been searching for all summer specifically for game days!

Throughout the years, I have discovered the best places to find game day outfits are, of course, the cute boutiques in college towns. However, if you are like me and are not quite willing to pay those boutique prices, I have found that places such as Forever 21 and PacSun have just as much game day attire. That way you get affordable clothes and are bound to find unique pieces! 

So next time you go shopping for your game day outfits, just remember: you don’t have to match every girl there. Those games are pretty long, and you want to make sure you don’t wear your five-inch heels if you plan on standing the whole time! Find your own style for the games and find something you can look cute and be comfortable in, because at the end of the game that is really all that matters! Go Blazers! HCXO.

My name is Emily Dyer. Currently a junior at Valdosta State University majoring in Speech Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations. I love fashion, writing, and photography!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.