This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What is it about words that encourage you to be the best version of yourself? Quotes are words filled with positive advice and inspiration that help to motivate you to accomplish your dreams and goals that you have set for yourself. When you take the time out of your day to speak positive affirmations or quotes over your life you are uplifting your vibrations, you start to vibrate at a higher level. If you find yourself lacking motivation start small, repeat meaningful quotes to yourself while you are engaging in your everyday activities, for instance, brushing your teeth is a great time to allow yourself to connect with your higher power. Stand facing the mirror and repeat positive affirmations to yourself over and over until you start to believe what you are saying is true. Understand those thoughts become things, what you think or say to yourself will manifest into your reality, so remain positive. Aside from that the most vital thing to remember when using inspirational quotes to motivate yourself is to be aware of your contradicting thoughts, to do this create a habit to shift your thoughts to more positive ones when you start to let doubt creep into your mind.

woman sitting alone looking out window
Photo by Anthony Tran from Unsplash

A favorite phrase of mine that helps me motivate my friends and myself is “Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what will be” this quote can entail so many different things. What I received from this quote when I first read it was once you let go of what no longer serves you such as bad habits, overthinking, toxic relationships, or whatever it may be for you and the sooner you release what is burdening you the sooner you’ll be able to receive abundance in every aspect of your life without any resistance. So do the work and believe in yourself, the first step begins with you. The hardest step is always the beginning, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. And remember Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do, this is actually a title of a really phenomenal book written by Robert Schuller. I would recommend purchasing this book to receive more wisdom on how inspirational quotes can motivate the unmotivated.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my articles. My inspiration comes from my past, present, and, future. Follow me on Instagram @Courtney.Flournoy10
Her Campus at Valdosta State.