General Hero Images v2 9?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
General Hero Images v2 9?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

If You Were Alone on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

If you were alone on Valentine’s Day…

Who gives a shit?! You had your yourself and that’s all that matters. Social media and society has made it so important (for whatever reason) that you are REQUIRED to have a valentine. Nope. You’re not. Just because you’re not dating anybody around Valentine’s Day or on a “special” day doesn’t mean anything. You’re still beautiful and you still matter. Yeah, Valentine’s Day has passed, but I’m writing this article for the ladies who were alone for Valentine’s Day. One day out of the year doesn’t define your beauty or worth, so don’t let social media trick you into thinking “Wow, everyone has a valentine except for me.” Who cares? Be your OWN Valentine OR spend it with your girls and make it a GALentine’s Day!

Euphoria Zendaya Dancing
Giphy

Some girls think men are a requirement for Valentine’s day. Nope! The only requirement is you and LOVE! And of course you can provide yourself with that. I hope those of you who spent it without a boo treated yourself like the Queen you are and always will be. Some girls who have a man or woman didn’t even get the special treatment they deserved, so seriously, don’t stress it. On the bright side, you didn’t have to worry about buying someone a gift or arguing over which restaurant you were going to eat at last minute. Be happy with yourself and the little things. Happy Valentine’s Day..oops, I meant GALentines! *virtual kisses*

A gif of Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation
Giphy

HCXO!

Haley is a 22 year old Senior at Valdosta State University and President of her Her Campus chapter.. She enjoys writing, admiring nature, listening to music, and spending time with friends and family. The purpose of her articles are to help, encourage, and empower women through her writing. Her favorite type of articles to write are lifestyle and entertainment pieces.