This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Hello beautiful ladies!

?? Claudio Schwarz

It’s almost Thanksgiving! Of course, the festivities will look a little different, but that doesn’t mean the food has to. I’m so excited to get a taste of turkey, collard greens, mac and cheese, sweet potato pie, and all the other festive foods this season. 

holiday dinner buffet at home
Photo by Craig Adderley from Pexels

One food that I will NAWT be enjoying this year …. is stuffing. Stuffing. Dressing. Congealed vegetable bread. Whatever you call it is your business. It’s AWFUL. If you’ve read my article from last year, you know my stance on the “festive food”: I HATE IT. Yes, I’m a picky eater. I’m all about texture and taste, but texture is a strong indication on wherever I’ll continue to eat something. My mom tried her hardest to shove it down my throat every Thanksgiving, and every Thanksgiving I throw it in the trash when she’s not looking. I’ll never understand the hype… but it’s festive so it can stay. I just won’t touch it.

If you’re a stuffing connoisseur.. please understand that I SAID WHAT I SAID and you can’t change my mind

person holding rectangular black wooden photo frame with Give. Thanks. print
Simon Maage/Unsplash

With love+ disdain for dressing,

Marissa Auriell

Dom Pollard

Valdosta '22

Dom is a sophomore, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in African American Studies and Sociology. They plan on doing work in either education, activism, film, or all three. They are a queer individual who speaks their mind and provides love + other elements to bring perspective to HERCampus Valdosta. HCXO!
Her Campus at Valdosta State.