How to Transform Your Summer Clothes into Fall Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Now that summer has come to an end and fall has arrived that doesn’t mean that you have to put away your summer clothes just yet. Instead of boxing those clothes up, embrace it and incorporate it into your fall wardrobe. So before you put away those crop tops and dresses check out these ways to transform your summer wear into your fall wear.

1. Cover your shoulders

When wearing dresses, crop tops, or anything that exposes your shoulders. You should wear a cardigan, blazer, or bomber jacket. By covering your shoulders you give your summer clothing more of a fall look, and it also protects you from that fall breeze.

2. Add a Scarf

No matter what you’re wearing whether it’s a t-shirt with jeans or a dress adding a scarf to your outfit instantly adds that fall look. 

Wear Boots 

Adding boots with any summer piece like shorts, skirts, and dresses, whether its knee-high boots or ankle-length booties, is perfect for transforming your outfit into a fall look. If it’s a little chilly outside and you get hit with that fall breeze, wear leggings or thigh high socks with your boots.

HCXO! 

Her Campus at Valdosta State.