This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Graduation is an exciting time for many seniors. This is the time to figure out what your plans for the future whether it’s continuing your education, diving into a career, or taking time off. There are many different paths that you can take and you just have to remember to do what’s best for you. 

Continuing Education

If you are continuing your education right after graduation, it’s important to look into different schools, enrollment requirements, and decide what program you would like to apply for. You should do this early enough to take any exams or required testing at least twice in case you don’t get the scores you need the first time. It’s also important to make a checklist of what you need to complete your application(s). This may include recommendation letters, medical records, and a personal statement. You should also assess the cost of each application and when they are due. This is really important to help you keep up with everything.

Looking for a Career

If you are choosing to pursue a career right after graduation, it is important to build a portfolio highlighting important key points that benefit the position you are applying for. It is also important to list any relative experience in the field you are applying to. You have to make yourself marketable and highlight what you can bring to their company. You should start looking for positions in your field and apply to as many as you can before graduation. This will help you secure a career right after graduation.

Taking a Break?

If you are choosing to take time off, try your best to make the most of it and consider different things you can do to fill your time. Whether you are taking much needed relaxation time or using this time to gain experience, have an idea of what you would like to do afterwards.

Graduation can be a hectic, stressful time. You have to decide what you want to do next and make it happen. Making a plan is the best way to relieve some of that stress and to help ease your mind. You have worked so hard to make it this far and you should enjoy it. Good Luck and Congratulations!

hcxo
Debbie Pollock

Her Campus at Valdosta State.