bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

People are very quick to go off on someone else but will not recognize their own faults. Being self-aware is actively thinking about your contribution to the planet and whether it’s positive or negative. This ranges from how you interact with people to how inclusive you are in day to day thinking. Self-awareness is very important because it helps keep the world peaceful and ensure everyone is enjoying life and being kind to their fellow man. You don’t have to be spiritual to believe we should all aspire to be good people. If you find that your life is more chaotic and hectic than usual, maybe you are the one attracting those types of people to you. Answer these questions as honestly as possible to get an accurate answer.

1. Which do you identify with the most?

(A) I am life

(B) Life flows through me

2. Do you often find yourself interrupting people in conversation?

(A) Yes

(B) No

3. Are the majority of your interactions, including online, peaceful?

(A) What’s wrong with a friendly debate, every day?

(B) I hardly ever argue with anyone

4. Do you criticize people more than you compliment them?

(A) Everyone needs constructive criticism

(B) I like to make people feel good.

5. Do you often ignore calls of people that you know?

(A) Yes

(B) No

6. Do you procrastinate often?

(A) I am the queen of procrastination

(B) I try my hardest not to

7. How often do you lie?

(A) Little white lies or big lies?

(B) Once in a blue moon

8. Do you discriminate against a person or group of people because of something that is out of thier control?

(A) I wouldn’t say discriminate, but…

(B) Definitely not

9. When out in public if you see something you deem distasteful, do you vocalize it?

(A) Of course, if it’s nasty

(B) Nah

10. Can you identify your own strengths and weaknesses

(A) I don’t have any weaknesses

(B) Yes

If you got all A’s:

You are seriously unaware of how you interact with other people and you need to make a change; remember conversations happen between two people and the world does not revolve around you. A nice rule to remember is: if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all. Humankind is a unit, and we all need to be kinder to each other in general, the practices admitted to in this short quiz, aren’t constructive practices. Take a second and ask yourself if you are happy with the way your actions will make people perceive you, which if you got all A’s isn’t too good. If you want to make changes, try complimenting people more, engaging in random acts of kindness, and thinking critically about how your mindset differs from society’s ideals and why?

If you got all of neither:

While you are not completely unaware of yourself, you admitted to behaviors that are not constructive ones.  Take time to analyze your views and decisions and how they may affect the people you cross paths with every day. Although you may have opinions on things, you have to wonder if these are things that can be changed or things that people have to live with. 

If you got all B’s:

Self-Awareness is key to harmony throughout life. Individuality is important, but benefitting to the overall success of humankind is the overall goal. Continue to empathetic toward others, and put yourself in thier shoes. Continue to question your actions and give yourself little checks here and there, because no one is perfect.

– HCXO!

Mass Media major, looking to do big things in the future! Remember my name, it'll be on the big screen one day. (In the credits, I'm not an actor)
Her Campus at Valdosta State.