How to Go to Class or Work With a Hangover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Who ever thought #ThirstyThursdays was a good idea? Or to make Wednesday “college night”? It must be an unwritten rule somewhere that college students have to have at least one terrible morning to show just how outrageous the night before was. That’s okay, hopefully you’ve had an exprience bad enough to know that partying hard always sounds like a great idea until the next morning.

But don’t worry, there are ways to get you from this…

…to this, in less than 5 hours!

[pagebreak]

MAC Mineralize Charged Water Spray 

Chances are, your long night of partying not only left your liver dehydrated, but also your skin. Beauty gurus love to rave about this charged water spray, which they use to prime or set their face before or after makeup, but this little beauty does wonders on plain old bare skin too. With just a few sprits onto a clean face, it will bless you with extra moisture and plumpness to give your face more life. The great thing about this product is that it won’t give you that heavy or oily feeling that a moisturizer might. However, try not to wear too much heavy makeup because the more tired your skin is, the more your makeup is going to set into fine lines. 

If you can’t splurge on Mac Fix Fluid, try a rose water spray. Evian even makes a facial mineral spray that will work just as well to rehydrate your face!

[pagebreak]

B12 

Have you ever been so tired from a night out that you swore you’d never do it again? We’ve all been there and done that. For the next time (because let’s face it, there will be a next time), take B12 instead of drinking caffeine! Coffee and sodas are the devil if you’re dealing with a hangover; they’re only going to intensify that pain in your head.

B12 is the go-to vitamin for energy. Believe me, you won’t be needing coffee after intaking these tablets! The good thing about B12 is that it’s natural, so it won’t give you that horrible crash that caffeine is so famous for.

[pagebreak]

Burnt Bread, Bananas, and Gatorade (or Water)

*Insert praising hands emoji here* This works miracles on hangovers, partly because it’s bland food that won’t upset your stomach. As we all know, bananas are a huge source of potassium. Your body probably lost a lot of potassium the previous night, but a banana and toast can make a world of difference.

Rehydrating is the most important tip to help a hangover. Drink as much as you can, and your brain will love you for it. The electrolytes in Gatorade will replenish your body faster than water, although water always gets the job done too!

[pagebreak]

Eyedrops

Please don’t overlook this tip! Unless it’s Halloween, you don’t want to look like you just stepped out of Dracula’s house party. Eyedops not only hydrate your eyes after a long night out, they brighten them up as well. White eyes is a tiny detail but it can make you look so much less tired. 

[pagebreak]

Dry Shampoo and BAM!

Okay, so you might not get flawless locks, but dry shampoo will help absorb that excess dirt and oil you collected from dancing the night away. Out of all the beauty trends that are out, this has got to be one of the most helpful!  Dry shampoo can turn what was cute last night into an adorable messy bun by morning. It also makes your hair smell so much better! Just make sure you don’t get a dry shampoo that leaves white in your hair (look out brunettes!). Herbal Essences’ Body Envy Dry Shampoo works great, you may just have to touch up throughout the day. Simply spray some on your roots, tease your hair a bit (for volume), and flip!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.