This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Ladies it important to be a feminine woman; nothing is wrong about being feminine. Being feminine is what makes a woman powerful—you do not have to be masculine to be powerful! Femininity can be so many things, like sexuality, delicacy, or whatever quality makes you feel feminine. Some women today want to take the role of being masculine thinking that is how they become powerful—no it’s not ladies! It takes tapping into your feminine energy to be a powerful woman. Once you tap into your feminine energy you will notice a change in so many things. For instance, who you attract and how you feel. There are a lot of women who struggle to be feminine. It might come easy to some women, but it is a challenge for some. If you are a woman who finds it a challenge to be feminine, here are 11 ways how to be a feminine woman.

Women closing her eyes raising her right hand
Photo by Asa Dugger from Pexels

1. Put yourself first!

Ladies always put yourself first no matter what. When you put yourself first, you are setting the bar high. You set the expectations. You know what you will accept and what you will not accept when you put yourself first. When people see you set high standards for yourself, they know what role to play in your life. They know you will only accept nothing but the best. If a person does not meet you at the bar that you have set, they will exit your life. And that is where they belong, out of your life! You have no room for people who do not respect your femineity.

2. See the value in being feminine!

For you to be successful in being feminine, you must see the value in being feminine. As a woman, you must understand what kind of power being feminine brings to the table. You must see what being feminine has to offer so that you understand that there is value to being a feminine woman. When you see the value of being a feminine woman, you know how powerful you are and what success should and will come your way—whether its dealing with dating men or other aspects of your life. If you do not see value in being feminine, you are likely to fail at being a feminine woman.

3. Know what being feminine is!

Some women fail at being feminine because they do not know what it is. Some women don’t know what being feminine is because they were not raised with feminine influence, so they were not taught what it means to be feminine. If that is the case for you, do your research; there are many books and internet sources that can help you know what it means to be feminine. You also can study TV and movies or meet women in real life to better understand what it means to be a feminine woman. It just takes time doing research and trying to learn from inspirational feminine women, like Dorothy Dandridge or Ciara.

4. Practice, Practice, Practice!

It takes practice to become a feminine woman if you struggle in that department. It just does not happen overnight. There are so many ways you can practice on becoming a feminine woman. One way that you’ve probably seen on TV or did when you were a little girl is to practice walking in heels. There are many women that do not know how to walk in heels. Some women do not even own a pair of heels. All women who want to be feminine should own a pair of heels. If you feel you struggle with wearing heels, practice practice, practice! There are many other things to practice when it comes to becoming a feminine woman, not just wearing heels. For example, some women can work on their attitude. It is just all about what area you feel you need to work on.

5. Set goals!

It is always good to set goals. When you identify goals, you are more likely to reach those goals. If you want to wear makeup at least three days a week, then make it a goal to wake up early in your day to apply makeup. It is all about discipline when you really want something in your life to grow. Setting goals will help you become a step closer to becoming a feminine woman. Ladies you got this!

6. Get a makeover!

If you feel like you want to work on your appearance, then go for it. Being feminine also is about taking care of your looks. When you look good, you feel good, and that is just the truth. It is always nice to go out and shop for new clothes. There are many ways to get a makeover; it’s not only about clothes and makeup. Taking care your skin can make a big difference in your look. You can also go to the spa, take care of your skin, and get that new glow. Whatever you choose or feel you need to do for a makeover, it will all be worth it.

7. Drop masculine ways!

Stop thinking being a masculine woman is cute—it is not! Leave being masculine to the fellas, ladies. Some women must understand that being masculine does not make you strong. Being feminine is how to show you are a strong woman. When women look at feminine energy as being weakness, it may be because they do not understand or possess the feminine energy themselves and so they do not understand the power of being feminine.

8. Work out!

It is important for a woman to workout and take care of her body. When you work out you feel better, and you look good. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. If you want to look your best, start by taking care of your body. If you want to fit into that dress, you will have to work out.

9. Have proper hygiene!

Ladies—take care of your hygiene. It can not be stressed enough how important it is to take care of your hygiene. Regularly shower, take care of your nails, do your hair. It’s so important as a woman to smell good. Never think being dirty is cute.

10. Challenge yourself!

Always challenge yourself. When you challenge yourself, it builds discipline and confidence as well. The discipline makes you reach wherever you want to be in life, and confidence will build even more confidence so that no one can come between you and your femininity.

11. Embrace your feminine energy!

Sometime people who are against feminine energy want you to abandon your feminine ways. This is because they know how powerful femininity can be. They fear the potential of the woman. For example, a strong and feminine woman who knows what she wants cannot be told no. Because she knows what she brings to the table. Always embrace your feminine energy no matter what anyone tells you. People may call you names like bougie, gold digger, or uppity, but you are none of those things. You are powerful; you know what you want, and you go get it.

Dress Pants
Photo by Godisable Jacob from Pexels

Being a feminine woman can be challenging in today’s society because there are many messages encouraging women to possess masculine qualities. For example, you can have a career and be feminine. You can be a powerful woman and remain feminine, always. Ladies, leave the masculine qualities to the fellas. Always remember who you are. Never feel guilty for being a feminine woman because there is nothing wrong with possessing feminine energy. Do not look at femininity as a sign of weakness; feminine energy is powerful. Work on your feminine ways if you feel like they need improvement. Remember you are not perfect, you are more—a woman.

Bonny is a transfer student from Georgia Military College, having obtained her associates degree in communication science in Summer 2020. She then transferred to Valdosta State in Fall 2020. She is now a mass media major in her junior year, looking to experience media like she never dreamed of! Bonny's hope that someday her work reaches you and many more.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.