Homecoming Court 2015: Dominique Wade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Name: Dominique Wade 

Major: Middle Grades Education 

Classification: Senior 

Fun Fact: I want to adopt a Korean child and a Hispanic child once I am established.

HC: Tell us a little about yourself!

DW: I was born in Miami, FL. I am a creative, helpful,  kind, and free-spirited individual. I love singing, dancing, travelling, and crafting. I thoroughly enjoy doing service on campus and in the community, and I take pride in being very active in my organizations.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

DW: I aspire to touch and impact as many lives as I can. Hence, why im in the education field. I believe that you become the best version of yourself through helping, impacting, and uplifting others. My life would mean nothing if I haven’t affected anyone in a positive manner.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

DW: I am a member of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity and Sigma Alpha Chi Honors Society. I am also the social chair of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. I am currently helping with starting a club for future Middle Grades educators.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus?

DW: Through my organizations, I take part in hosting forums that inform students about various important topics. I put on service events that keep the campus involved and allows them to give back to the community. I am always myself on campus. I am always the person with a smiling face or making a kind gesture. I influence students through my positive spirit and great sense of humor.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming Queen?

DW: I should be chosen for Homecoming Queen because I am a leader, I am a friend, and I am of service to this campus. I give unselfishly of my time and energy in all that I do. I understand that in order to lead, one must be able to follow. I am poised and humble, and I can definitely impact this campus effectively by continuing to be that way. 

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming Queen, how would you use your title to impact our campus? 

DW: I would impact the campus by being a listening ear, being observant, and keeping an open mind. I would inspire everyone to turn a new page and be the best version of themselves that they can be through service, academics, and everything that makes them the beautiful and unique person that they are. This is nothing short of what I do on a daily basis.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

DW: What sets me apart is my caring personality and passion for serving and helping others. Anyone who knows me can speak on my kind and giving spirit. It brings me joy to see the happiness of someone that I just helped.

Make sure you go to Campus Connect to cast your vote! Voting ends Firday, November 13th! HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.
Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk