Homecoming Court 2015: Amirrah Nur

Name: Amirrah Nur

Major: Marketing

Classification: Senior

Fun Fact: My name means Princess in Arabic!

HC: Tell us a little about yourself!

AN: I am a person who enjoys a good time. God and family are my highest values. Things that I enjoy are puppies, Drake, and Reese’s. One of my favorite movies is Love and Basketball. I love any TV show that Shonda Rhimes writes.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

AN: My biggest aspiration in life is become the best version of myself.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

AN: Resident Assistant 2013- Present, Resident Assistant Council President 2013- Present and Student Government Association Senator 2014- Present.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus? 

AN: I am currently a SGA Senator and a Resident Assistant in Langdale Hall. As an SGA Senator, I voice the concerns of my peers as well as serving as a voice for students whose voices are not normally heard. As a Resident Assistant I serve as a role model and a resource for my residents.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming Queen?

AN: The reason that I should be chosen for homecoming queen is for the simple fact that I am the true embodiment of what VSU stands for. Civility, integrity, and citizenship are the things that I have always tried to incorporate within my everyday life.

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming Queen, how would you use your title to impact our campus?

AN: If given the opportunity to win the crown, I will strive to create a better sense of community and bring the campus together through prosperity rather than a sense of popularity. I want to support student organizations and students through this opportunity in hopes of creating a more supportive student body. I believe that making this impact will be a great start for our campus and a realistic amendment to make. I would use my title to reach a wider audience and further motivate and mentor the students of VSU.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

AN: I believe that what sets me apart is the reason I am running: I have an unconditional love for Valdosta State University. I have learned so much about myself during my time here. I am more confident, a better time manager and have developed the necessary tools to be an excellent leader. I am who I am today because of this university.

Voting begins Tuesday, November 10th on Campus Connect! HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.