Homecoming Court 2015: Amirrah Nur

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Name: Amirrah Nur

Major: Marketing

Classification: Senior

Fun Fact: My name means Princess in Arabic!

HC: Tell us a little about yourself!

AN: I am a person who enjoys a good time. God and family are my highest values. Things that I enjoy are puppies, Drake, and Reese’s. One of my favorite movies is Love and Basketball. I love any TV show that Shonda Rhimes writes.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

AN: My biggest aspiration in life is become the best version of myself.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

AN: Resident Assistant 2013- Present, Resident Assistant Council President 2013- Present and Student Government Association Senator 2014- Present.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus? 

AN: I am currently a SGA Senator and a Resident Assistant in Langdale Hall. As an SGA Senator, I voice the concerns of my peers as well as serving as a voice for students whose voices are not normally heard. As a Resident Assistant I serve as a role model and a resource for my residents.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming Queen?

AN: The reason that I should be chosen for homecoming queen is for the simple fact that I am the true embodiment of what VSU stands for. Civility, integrity, and citizenship are the things that I have always tried to incorporate within my everyday life.

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming Queen, how would you use your title to impact our campus?

AN: If given the opportunity to win the crown, I will strive to create a better sense of community and bring the campus together through prosperity rather than a sense of popularity. I want to support student organizations and students through this opportunity in hopes of creating a more supportive student body. I believe that making this impact will be a great start for our campus and a realistic amendment to make. I would use my title to reach a wider audience and further motivate and mentor the students of VSU.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

AN: I believe that what sets me apart is the reason I am running: I have an unconditional love for Valdosta State University. I have learned so much about myself during my time here. I am more confident, a better time manager and have developed the necessary tools to be an excellent leader. I am who I am today because of this university.

Voting begins Tuesday, November 10th on Campus Connect! HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.
Michaela Leung is the current Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Valdosta State. She is an honors student studying Mass Media and working on a Cross-Training Certificate in Journalism at Valdosta State University with aspirations to be a music journalist and a news anchor. This New York native enjoys fashion, all kinds of music, socializing, making people laugh and standing up for what is right. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter: michaelaskrunk