Homecoming Court 2014: Isaiah Smart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

HC: What are your aspirations in life?

IS: My sole aspiration is to be of service to as many people as possible. That relates to all that I involve myself in. Anything that has some purpose to help those around me.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

IS: For this school year, I took a step back with my involvement. I am on The Spectator staff, exec. board for NAACP, MAG’s media team, and brother of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

HC: What are you currently doing to influence students on campus?

IS: I am still being a visible leader on campus. I mentor a small group of students. I lend my time and services to those [who] need me at all times. Whether that [means] being involved with an event or doing an organization a favor, I still do all I can to assist my peers.

HC: Why should you be chosen for Homecoming King?

IS: I should be crowned as homecoming king because I represent what it means to be a Blazer. I have managed to work and be involved in major parts of student life (Housing & Residence Life, Orientation, Student Government, Student Organizations and Greek Life). I have been in good standing not only with the university as a whole but administration and especially among my peers. Someone of this caliber should be in a position to represent the student body.

HC: If you were to be crowned Homecoming King, how would you use your title to impact our campus?

IS: I will use this title just as any other and that is by not using it. I do not intend to brag and boast about this position for some type of influence. The impact that I have now comes from my involvement and service towards others and it will be that medium which I will continue to impact my peers.

HC: What sets you apart from other candidates?

IS: My résumé speaks for itself. There are not many students on this campus with the reputation that I have. The standards I set for myself are what set me apart as well. Even the way I interact with others sets me apart from those running alongside me. Everything that is Isaiah Smart sets him apart from those around him. 

Voting starts Tuesday, October 21.

Her Campus at Valdosta State.
President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Valdosta State, and a Mass Media major. Loves spaghetti and is currently waiting for someone to teach her how to play her guitar. Never meets a stranger. Hi :)