His Campus: 7 Things a Guy Should Know About a Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Who run the world? GIRLS!! Queen Bey said it, and she said it oh-so well. Guys are always wondering what’s going through our minds and females can be kind of tricky to figure out, I must admit. We can send all types of mixed emotions, and some of us can be bipolar just because. Pay attention because I’m only going to say this once! Here are a couple of things guys should know about girls. Thank me later fellas!

1. We love a sense of humor.

It’s obvious that girls love a guy who can crack a few jokes. Who wants to be serious at all times?! “Not I,” said the cat! We enjoy laughing, and using humor can be a way of getting close to your crush. When she starts doing things like leaning in and touching your knee or your chest, she’s impressed. Keep up the good work, just don’t try too hard!

2. Do NOT annoy us when Mother Nature is in town.

When my time of the month comes, any and everything annoys me! Don’t be alarmed if your girl has a sudden cry outburst because her favorite shorts don’t fit her how they fit two weeks ago. Just bring her chocolate or French fries; it will be over in about a week or so.

3. Be honest… to an extent.

Now when I say to an extent, I don’t mean it’s okay to lie *straight face emoji*. To clarify, I mean that you should be honest about any and everything, but don’t tell her that dress she loves so much makes her look fat. You want to live, right?

4. We are very particular when getting dressed.

“Girl why are you never ready?!” HELLO you know why! We despise being rushed. Give us time to get ourselves together. We will not go out with our guy looking a hot mess. Don’t you want something easy on the eyes across from you at dinner?

5. You like football… we like Scandal.

Just like the boys dedicate their full attention to the flat screen when football is on, we don’t want you to stand in front of the TV when Scandal is on. We can annoy you, but you can’t annoy us. Comprende?

6. Trust is earned, not given.

Let’s be honest, guys. You’ve all at some point in your life come across a girl who has trust issues. Don’t judge her for being that way. When we’re young, we think that nothing bad will happen in our relationship, but as we grow we understand that that’s impossible. When we’re hurt it’s hard for us to get back to a vulnerable position where we would allow another to get that close to us again. Just work with us. If it’s meant to be, it will happen.

7. We hate weird situations.

I am the most awkward person alive! If I feel uncomfortable, it will be written across my forehead. Stray away from putting us on the spot unless it’s obvious that we’re comfortable.

I'm from Darien, Georgia . (McIntosh County) I'm a junior at Valdosta State University with a major in Early Childhood Education. I absolutely adore fashion trends, celebrity scoop, and everything in between !
Her Campus at Valdosta State.