matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

HC Valdosta Fall Interest Meeting!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It’s a new school year, which means it’s time to welcome new members! With all types of new students shopping around for organizations to join, Her Campus Valdosta State made sure to provide an opportunity for students to learn more about our organization.

We hosted our first interest meeting on Sunday at 3:00 pm. Both old members and interested members were invited to attend the interest meeting with no strings.  

We started the meeting by grabbing yummy cupcakes and getting settled into our seats. Then, we moved into our icebreaker. We played a fun game of “Never Have I Ever” and if you’ve ever played this game then you know that it’s the quickest way to get everyone involved. By the end of the game, everyone felt closer! We were laughing and sharing embarrassing stories. 

The meeting proceeded with everyone introducing themselves by sharing their majors and one interesting fact about themselves. We learned everything from “I share the same name as a celebrity” to “I have a tattoo on my face!”

After the fun, we got down to business. We shared everything about Her Campus: how our organization is a part of a large online magazine ran by college women journalist, the events we plan to have this semester, to our rules and regulations that help our organization run smoothly. 

To close, we offered interested members the opportunity to join our organization on the spot. And we were able to welcome four new members! We created their Her Campus accounts and added them to our Group Me, the OFFICIAL way to show you’re a part of an organization. Our new members will write their first articles this upcoming week and have them posted for our next round! We look forward to bringing new talent to our team and getting to know the new girls.

HCXO

Markesia Barron is a senior at Valdosta State University. She majors in Middle Grades Education concentrated in Language Arts and Reading. After graduation, she plans to become a middle school Language Arts teacher in the Metro Atlanta area. Markesia enjoys writing, reading, super-hero movies, and meditating outside. She's a big Beyonce fan and self-care enthusiast.