This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

It happens to the best of us. You meet someone and start liking them but you’re not quite sure if the feeling is mutual. If you’re wondering whether you’ve been friend-zoned or not, you probably have! Here are some signs  that your crush might not be into you:

Your crush talks about other women/men to you or tries to get you hook you up with their friends.

Well this one is simple. If the person you’re interested in tries to set you up with people he/she knows, you are in the friend zone. Obviously, if said person is spending energy trying to find you a date, they don’t plan on dating you.

Your crush gives short responses or barley texts back.

When you’re into someone, usually there is some effort put in to keep the conversation going. Now, some people naturally aren’t good with texting, but getting ignored constantly and receiving short responses during a conversation are also friend zone signs. 

Your crush makes sure they only touch you in a friendly way

One of the most common methods of flirting is to touch the person you like. It doesn’t have to be a sexual touch, but there will be a hand on the arm while you’re laughing, or a quick brushing back your hair when you have your hands full. 

Your crush only texts or communicates through social media

If your crush only wants to text and hasn’t made an attempt to hear your voice or see your face, there may be a sign they don’t plan to go any further with you and you have been friend zoned.

You go days or weeks without communication

When you like someone, you want to at least talk to them every day. If you haven’t spoken to your crush in days or weeks, it may be sign that they don’t yearn for your attention as much as you do there’s.

Your crush thinks of you as their homie.

If they refer you as their “bro/sis”, “homie”, or “buddy”, they are making it clear where you two stand.

Your crush only wants to hang out in group setting

If your crush only wants to hang out with you when other people are around or cancels when they realize it’ll just be you two… take the hint! If he or she never asks you to hang out alone, or ignores your requests to do so, this person is probably trying to avoid spending any time with you that could be perceived as romantic.

Your crush doesn’t flirt or compliment you

If the conversations between you two  always pertains to business matters and they only refer to you as  “adorable” and “hilarious” but never “sexy,” or “hot “you might be out of luck.

Your crush hasn’t made a move. 

If you crush hasnt given one sign that they might have some interest you, it may be time to let the fantasy go because they more than likely dont want anything else from you but friendship. Even shy people give some type of hint. 

HCXO!

My name is Anissa Yone' Williams. I am a Graduating Communication & Marketing major at Valdosta State University, who has a passion for Entertainment, Journalism, and Music. Twitter: @_AnissaaAmor Snapchat:AnissaaAmor Instagram:_AnissaaAmor
Her Campus at Valdosta State.