This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Summertime is officially coming to an end, and we all know what that means. It’s time to say goodbye to bright colorful makeup and hello to the orange and deep plums of the makeup industry. With so many gorgeous colors to choose from here are our top 5 must-have items for this season. 

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Eye Shadow Palette​​

• This palette is definitely a must-have when it comes to our fall favorites. Subculture perfectly combines the warm tones, cooler teals, and purples into the perfect spectrum of shades. The shade Cube is a personal favorite. When you first glance at it, it looks like the normal white shade but it’s actually a petal pink with a violet shift. You can find this item at your nearest Sephora for roughly $43

2. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder

• Sometimes we consider bronzer as part of our summer beauty routine for that sun-kissed glow, but as we move into fall natural light becomes duller. Too Faced combines the natural, effects of real cocoa powder with their signature bronzing pigments, creating a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes, evens out, and enhances all skin tones. Giving your skin a nice healthy looking glow all year round. You can find this item at your nearest Sephora for $30

3. M.A.C. Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour

• Never really been a fan of liquid lipsticks, but this one is amazing and changed my mind! It’s creamy, very highly pigmented and does not dry out your lips. It is truly a great go-to lipstick, not to mention it stays on all day. High Drama is a deep dark plum color which is personally my favorite. This item is available at M.A.C. for $21

4. Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette

• Inspired by chocolates and following the original Chocolate Bar palette, this Too Faced palette comes with a little booklet with a guide on how to create 3 different looks. The matte shades from the Too Faced palette are more buttery, better pigmented and blend easier. From shades such as Truffled, Frosting, and Cocoa Chili these 3 together creates the perfect brown neutral eyeshadow look. This palette is available at Ulta for $49

5. Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

• Rihanna did an amazing job when she created the Fenty line. This foundation is amazing honestly. When you first apply it the color is light but after it oxides it matches your skin perfectly. This foundation has the right amount of warmth without making you look too red or too orange. At times you honestly can forget that you are wearing foundation, it is that lightweight. Believe the hype, my friends. I literally almost shed a tear because I have finally found a foundation that literally works for me. This foundation is available at Sephora for $32

-HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.