This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

What is Grace? Better yet, how would you define God’s Grace? Grace is simply the freely given, unmerited faor and love of God. It is because of God’s grace that we saved through faith alone. We all deserve to die for our sins, however Jesus forgives us. God sent his only son to die for us and even now, as for Believers we still mess up and fall short of the glory of God, and yet he still loves us.

Sometimes, we all try to hide our imperfections from God and act like everything is peachy. Jesus wants all of us, every bit of us. We try to hide the failures, that we do not want him to see, however it’s important to realize that God wants all of us. He wants us to depend on him for everything in our lives, to lay it all at his feet. When you are walking through campus, it may seem like everyone has it together but that is not the case in no way. We all have those broken tears, doubt, and things we do not want and our afraid to talk about. God is our friend foreverand madly in love with us.

Girl lying on bed alone
Photo by _Mxsh_ on Unsplash
A song that helps me remember that I can come to God, no matter how messed up I seem, is called Broken Prayers by Riley Clemmons. This song is about how sometimes we are taught as little kids, how to talk to God. We may think we have to hold it togeher and make the bad look better , bow our heads and say amen. However, God is not afraid of all the hings we feel, we can be real and raw with him. No matter how many times I put it or sounds repetive, God wants our tears, every messy word, every scar, every fear and so on because the awesome thing is that he sees the beauty in our broekn prayers. There will always be a seat at the table in God’s kingdom.

Sometimes, as I walk myself from campus, I feel depressed, lonely and like a filure. God made me realiz that it is indeed okay to cry. Becasue of that, I go walk to a quiet plce and pray and tell God everything that I am going through because he hears me. Being able to lay all my troubles on him and know that I was never meant to fight on my own. God is the friend forever who sees the good in everything we do.

travel adventure sunset jeep road trip
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus
As for you my friend, whatever you are going through try praying,  try to let it all out , literally everything. Let God hear your prayers.

He is the God of new beginings and he will ever ever walk away from us.

Jesus, our redember, our defender, friend forever.

Ciara Jones

Valdosta '20

Hello, Ciara Jones is a "Senior" at Valdosta State University, majoring in Mass Media. After she graduates, she is planning to go into ministry working with communication media and journalism. She has a passion for Jesus, writing, kids and food. She loves attending bonfires and concerts on her free time.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.