Getting Over a Relationship That Never Happened

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Here’s the scenario: You meet a guy, you’re great, he’s great so what’s the problem? How come you’re not in a relationship? The first and most important thing you must acknowledge is this; you can’t blame someone for how they feel. This applies to you too. You like a guy but he doesn’t like you back, but for some reason you still like him. It doesn’t make much sense but that’s how feelings are.  Second, you must allow time to do its job, don’t stress over the sitiation. Instead give yourself some time to move on. This situation isn’t as easy as saying  “Ok from now on I don’t like this person.” If it were that easy I wouldn’t be writing this article. So here are a few tips to moving on, even though you never got to the actual relationship.

1. Make a special playlist. Create a playlist with songs that are personal but relate to your heartache, and encourage moving on. A few songs on my playlist are You’ll Never Know by Ariana Grande, On My Own by Miley Cyrus and I Don’t F With You by Big Sean.

2. Keep yourself busy. Study for your upcoming test, or start a new series on Netflix. Do whatever you can to keep your mind busy.  When it’s not, that’s when you start thinking things like “Why not me?” or “Am I not pretty enough?”. You are definitely pretty enough, but maybe he likes a different kind of pretty. Either way, self-doubt isn’t going to get you anywhere you want to be.

3.Don’t forget your religion/spirituality. Whenever you’re feeling down you should be able to turn to your religion and/or spirituality to bring you peace of mind. This way you’ll be reminded that everything happens for a reason and things of that nature.

Just remember crushes are temporary, and soon enough you’ll have another one. Eventually that crush will become something more. But while your kissing frogs to get your prince, you can always come back to this list! 

HCXO!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.