This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Not all men are trash per say. There are actually some decent, respectful, kind hearted, caring and ever so handsome guys who exist in this world. Men are beautiful (women are more beautiful of course!) . But I’d like to think men are a gift from God. The good ones are very rare nowadays. On the campus of Valdosta State University, some good guys do exist.

This semester, one of our football crushes is dedicated to Kahari Richards. Kahari is number 42 on the team and plays the Line Backer position. According to the Valdosta Athletics Roster, he “has played in 18 games with 29 tackles and 17 solo stops … Has two tackles for loss for four yards … He has two pass breakups.” In football language that is awesome stats. This guy has the best personality ever. He is so nice and kind-hearted. If you guys see Kahari around campus, you will notice him from a mile away flashing his gigantic, adorable smile. Fortunately, he is not the stereotypical douchebag athlete most athletes are rumored to be.

Remembering the time when I bravely told him I thought he was cute and had a crush on him, he was so nice about it. Unfortunately, he did not feel the same way (LOL). Instead of leading me on, for me to continue to shoot my shot with him knowing it would not have gone anywhere, he told me he just wanted to be friends and nothing more. Nonetheless, even having Kahari as a friend is so amazing because he’s that much of a charming person. So next time you hit up a football game, cheer on #42! Go Blazers. The NFL needs this talented beautiful guy!

Our next football crush is the beautiful Defensive Line Coach Kenny McClendon. Over the summer, I worked as Summer Conference Assistant. During the football camp for high school, I helped work the front desk and that’s where I first laid eyes on this beautiful man. Personally, I think we would make a beautiful couple, but I am pretty sure that is not allowed with students. A girl can dream though. According to the VSU football roster, it is his second season at Valdosta. For that reason, I’d like to think he is part of the reason we won the natty. According to the roster, he “earned his bachelors’ degree at CMU in 2013 where he was a four-year letter winner on the defensive line”.  He also has a master’s degree in management. An educated man indeed. Dear girls, keep a look out for him during football games. I also did not see a ring on this man’s finger, but for now it’s best to just adore him from afar. Come to the football games to catch a glimpse of this magnificient creature God created.

Ladies keep a look out for these beautiful men. P.S they are both men of Christ, so that’s also a plus.

Keep it classy and sassy.

#HCXO

Ciara Jones

Valdosta '20

Hello, Ciara Jones is a "Senior" at Valdosta State University, majoring in Mass Media. After she graduates, she is planning to go into ministry working with communication media and journalism. She has a passion for Jesus, writing, kids and food. She loves attending bonfires and concerts on her free time.