Five Misconceptions About The “Innocent Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Ever since middle school I’ve always been known as the quiet, soft spoken, shy girl and because of that, it earned me being labeled as the “innocent girl.” And at that time it did make sense… I was innocent. Now a senior in college, I still have the reputation of being the “innocent girl.” But the thing is, I’m not as innocent as I use to be. In my opinion I would say I’m still innocent but to an extent. Being the labeled as the innocent girl has its benefits but it also has its downsides. Here are five misconceptions that need to be debunked about “innocent girls.”

1. We’re The Goody Two Shoes

We do everything we’re told to do, we never missed curfew, and we’ve never been grounded. WRONG! Okay, maybe not completely wrong. For the most part we do everything we’re told to do, we rarely missed curfew, and every now and then when we did do something bad we were grounded for it. Innocent girls are angels but we’re not perfect.

2. We’re Inexperienced

I have personally done somethings that if people were to find out, they would be shocked because as the “innocent girl” it’s not in my nature to do naughty things. Girls labeled as “innocent” are just like any other person. We’ve gone through some pretty, funny, tough life experiences. We’re just not that open about it.

3. We’re Judgmental

I can’t tell you how many times people assumed I was a judgmental bitch. Lots of people assume girls labeled as “innocent” look down on people for not being like them. I can’t speak for every “innocent girl” out there but I’m not judgmental. I will admit I can be a bitch though… which brings me to my next point.

4. We Never Get Upset

For some of us innocent girls, it takes a lot for us to get mad. And for some others, it doesn’t take that much. For your embarrassment and possibly your safety, never try pull a fast one on one of us. You think we’re angels 24/7… try getting us angry and you’ll see devil come out.

5. We’re Boring

Just like being picked last for kick ball, we’re the last people to be even thought of when inviting someone to go out and party. Don’t ever assume us innocent girls don’t like to go out and have a good time… you could be missing out. Who knows? We may just surprise you by being the life of the party.

-HCXO!

I'm Jessie Thomas, a junior in college. I'm a fun loving girl who loves music and fashion! Someday I hope to be successful in the entertainment industry.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.