This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Fall is finally here! And the time for warm makeup looks and cute jackets has arrived. Though Valdosta can have scorching “summer-like” weather in the fall, that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the seasonal trends. If you’re not sure on how to put together some makeup looks and outfits, check out this list of key pieces every girl should have in her closet and makeup kit. Shout out to Pinterest for always coming through with the outfits in such a short notice as well. It’s definitely an app that’s worth the storage on your phone.

1. Blazers

Blazers are perfect for the fall season. Most of them are lightweight, come in various colors, and can pretty much go with anything. Jeans, Sneakers, T-shirt, Skirt etc.

2. Warm Eyeshadow

Bring out the browns, oranges, burgundy, and greens because it’s that time again. Try doing a bold warm look with a pair of flirty lashes, and you’ll be sure to blow people away with every blink.

3. Booties

Fall is an awkward time for weather. It’s not cold but it starts to slowly become chilly in the evening. Leave the strappy heels at home, and keep your toes cozy with a pair of cute ankle boots. Ahhh, how I love a cute bootie.

4. BOLD LIP

Will burgundy lipstick ever go out of style? And do we even want it to? Try doing a warm bold lip with a golden eye, or a simple wing liner. The lips will do the rest.

5. Buttoned-UP

Put me in a loose, striped button up and I’m a happy girl. The possibilities that you could do with a button up are endless. Snag one from your boo or dad’s closet, and pair it with some dark jeans and booties, and the night is yours.

Fall is a time for self-expression through fashion. Take risks and have fun with your outfits. HCXO!

Erin Turner is originally from Los Angeles, California. She attends Valdosta State University as an english/journalism major. Her dream is to become an editor for a hip hop magazine. She enjoys listening to jazz and rap, reading magazines, and being around family. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram: wsstco
Her Campus at Valdosta State.