Fall In Love with New Music this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Some may look at fall as a transition to new things, new opportunities, and new looks. While these expectations are true, music has a way of transforming itself with the seasons as well. Here are a few projects/songs that are expected to drop this fall!

Kari Faux Primary

If you’re a fan of the banging playlist on HBO’s hit show Insecure, Childish Gambino, and Isaiah Rashad, you should be well familiar with Kari Faux. However, if you’re not, that’s okay too. Almost a year shy after her Lost En Los Ángeles EP, Kari is back with her latest Primary. Faux’s main focus on this project is revisiting back to those times when everything was simple. She’s really grown as an artist, where she’s mixed, and mastered, and recorded this entire project in the palms of her hands. 

Travis Scott AstroWorld

After last year’s Birds In the Trap Sing McKnight, Travis solidified his spot as one of hip hop’s most visually and sonically creative artists. Earlier this year, rumors began to circulate on whether or not Travis would be offering another album this year. AstroWorld, which would be Scott’s 3rd studio album, could be well on its way for fall 2017. He’s also rumored to have a collab album with Atlanta hitmaker Quavo, as they both are musically synced with one another. Will it happen? Who knows. We can only cross our fingers for now.

Kelela Take Me Apart

We have been anticipating much from contemporary R&B artist Kelela. Her vocals mimic Janet Jackson, but she easily swoons the ears her voice lingers on. Her latest release of her Hallucinogen EP was packed with emotional yet eccentric feels. Finally, she will be releasing her follow-up to Hallucinogen with Take Me Apart. On this EP, Kelela goes more in-depth with the trials and tribulations of love and relationships,  while incorporation her jazz and R&B influences. 

Gucci Mane Mr. Davis

Gucci Mane has grown and improved himself for the better. In this day in age, our Atlanta trap artist is eating healthy, taking care of himself, while delivering his most powerful lyrics yet. Earlier this year, he released his highly acclaimed project Droptopwop, with a lineup of features from Migos, 21 Savage, 2 Chainz, and Young Dolph. In August, Gucci announced that he would be releasing his eleventh studio album Mr. Davis on Sept 15. However, the release was set back to Oct. 17. He links up with guest appearances from A$AP Rocky, ScHoolboy Q, Monica, and The Weekend just to name a few.

Cardi B album

Let´s be honest, our summer wasn’t complete until we bossed up with the summer anthem “Bodack Yellow”. The song successfully managed to stay in the top 3 songs of Billboards Hot 100. In fact, it is the most streamed song right now in the US. “Bodack Yellow” is now rightfully crowned the first single by a solo woman to hit No.1 since Lauryn Hill’s “Doo Wop” back in 1998. Now, Cardi is in the works of releasing her debut album sometime this fall. She hinted on the Breakfast Club that she may push the album back due to the success of “Bodack Yellow”, but hopefully she gives it a second thought. We are ready to hear what more the hip-hop queen has to offer!

Uzi x Carti Mixtape?

It has been a month shy since we were blessed with the long waited Luv is Rage 2 from Lil Uzi Vert, and it’s been nothing but successful since. Last week via Snapchat and Instagram, Atlanta rising rapper Playboi Carti posted a picture eluding that a project is expected to drop with him and Uzi. We already have got a taste of what the two sound like on several tracks. On “*wokeuplikethis” and “Lookin” from Carti’s debut tape, we see both Uzi and Carti effortlessly blending with each other through adlibs and truck rattling beats. Though the rumors haven’t been confirmed as of yet, we can only hope that this isn’t a sinister tease, but a dream come true!

2017 has been rolling with new music since January. At this rate, with only 2 months left, it looks like there is still more to come from a variety of artists. 

– HCXO!

Just your unaverage aspiring writer
Her Campus at Valdosta State.