The Everyday College Fashionista: Fashionable Fall Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

Fall season is in full swing and if you’re anything like me, you have a closet full of crop tops, sundresses, tank tops and shorts. But of course, those types of clothing won’t do much to keep you warm when the chilly autumn weather rolls in. To avoid freezing or catching a cold, here are a few trends to invest in to get you through the fall season!

Hoodies & Crew Necks

Crew necks and hoodies are essential around this time of the year. They’re warm, can be paired with skinny jeans or leggings, and require almost no effort at all. The latest trend is oversized hoodies and crew necks.

Victoria’s Secret PINK Collection has tons of crews and hoodies to choose from. Not to mention they’re super cute! They can be a bit on the pricey side, but the warmth and comfort they’ll provide will be all worth it in the end. If you’re on a bit of a budget, you can find tons of oversized sweaters, crews and hoodies from the thrift store.

Boots

You can finally pull out your favorite boots that have been sitting in the back of your closet again. Whether they’re Uggs, combats or regular boots, Fall is the perfect time of the year for them.

On much colder days, go ahead and pull out those Uggs. Besides, living in Valdosta, there won’t be many opportunities to wear them without either burning up or getting funny looks from other people. Admit it—we’ve all seen those girls who are so desperate and anxious to wear their Uggs that they wear them in 75 degree weather.

On days that start off chilly but may warm up a little, wear combat boots or leather/pleather boots. They’re a lot less insulated but are still warm enough to get you through most Fall days.

Leggings

Fall is practically known for being legging season. Besides, fall temperatures are perfect for leggings. The weather isn’t too warm, so the clinging of the leggings to your body won’t make you feel hot and smothered, and it’s not too cold, so you won’t be left freezing.

They’re also great paired with those oversized hoodies and crew necks I mentioned. Add some Uggs to it on a colder day and you’ve got yourself a cute and comfortable outfit!

Scarves

Scarves can be worn practically all year round, but there are certain styles of scarves that are sure to keep you warm when the cold weather rolls in. Thick infinity scarves made of sweater material, often called “chunky-knit scarves,” are a fall fashion must. They keep your neck warm and also cover your chest, which helps prevent you from catching a cold.

Joggers

Joggers are starting to come back in style and they’re as cute and trendy as ever! They’re the perfect medium for bottoms: they’re not as skin-clinging as leggings, but they’re still way more flexible and comfortable than jeans.

They’re actually a lot like sweats, but aren’t as baggy and are way cuter. Plus, they’re fitted around your ankles so they trap in heat very well. There are also so many different styles to choose from, so you can be both warm and fashionable!

Her Campus at Valdosta State.