rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
rodion kutsaev 8P uQaTd8rw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Valdosta chapter.

November is Epilepsy Awareness Month! Epilepsy is a condition that affects the central nervous system. According to the Epilespy Foundation, 1 in 10 people will experience a seizure throughout their life, and 1 in 26 will develop epilepsy. Epilepsy and seizures result from abnormal circuit activity in the brain. Many people do not have knowledge of this incurable disorder because it is not discussed as much as it should be.

Suicide Prevention Week
Photo by Dan Meyers from Unsplash

Individuals with epilepsy fight silent battles daily. If you know someone who has epilepsy be there for them as much as you can. If you’re battling with epilepsy, keep fighting and know that you are not alone. I’m rooting for you!   

In honor of my cousin, Jaliea Barnes. 08/31/1999-08/08/2020. You’ll forever be a winner and you will forever live on. 

bouquet of sunflowers
Hoang Minh Hai

I prefer to go by Kei. I'm a senior in college attending Valdosta State University and an eyelash technician. Writing is my safe space and my favorite way of communicating. I have a lot of improvement to make, but I still have a passion for it. I want to write a book some day, but until then, I express myself through journaling and blogs.
Her Campus at Valdosta State.